Need Help Wiring - Boat System install! Zed Leviathan II Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

snowpromod

Hi All,

Thanks for the great site, I have been reading a bunch and just when I think I understand something, I realize I still am a rookie.

Looking to install the following items in my boat - looking to set it up properly the first time. Here is the equipment that I have:

AMP - ZED Leviathan II

Tower - 2 Wetsounds Pro 60's - Impedance:4 ohms, RMS Watts:150, PEAK Watts:300, Frequency Response:20Hz to 20Khz, Sensitivity:90db at 1watt / 1meter, Mid Bass: 6.5" inch EFG™ cone woofer with polyurethane surround, High Frequency:pro-Axial™ Driver. Coaxially mounted Titanium Diaphragm High Output Horn Loaded Compression Driver

Tower - 2 Wetsounds MB-8's - Impedance:4 ohms, RMS Watts:150, PEAK Watts:300,Frequency Response:20Hz to 20KHZ, Sensitivity:91 db at 1watt/1 meter, Mid Bass:Single 8 inch EFG™ cone woofer with polyurethane surround, High Frequency:pro-Axial™ Driver. Coaxially mounted Titanium Diaphragm High Output Horn Loaded Compression Driver

In Boats - 4 JL Audio M770-CCS-CG-WH - Specifications Sensitivity 91 dB, Frequency Response 45-25k Hz, RMS Power Range (Watts) 40-100, Peak Power Handling (Watts) 175, Impedance (Ohms) 4

Looking to run everything off the Zed amp if possible, trying not to blow anything up, LOL.

My thoughts were to wire each tower speaker to a channel - 4 speakers on 4 channels. The in boats I was going to wire in parallel - 2 speakers to 1 channel, so in the end I would use all 6 channels on the amp. Does this sound right?

Yea everything you posted sounds perfect.

Good luck wiring all that, Ive heard its a ***** to wire a boat...

That means youd have 150rms going to each tower speaker @ 4ohms. Then youd wire two in-boat speakers parallel 2ohm, two other in-boat speakers parallel 2ohm giving them ~75rms each. That what you were shooting for? Id be easy on the gain for these until you feel comfortable with them taking this power (tower speakers) as ive never heard of them? Might just be im not into marine speakers. Good luck! Let us know if you have any other questions. Spending a lot of money on all this, so make sure to double check everything three times before powering it up!

Make sure you have a lot of room behind the in-boat speakers, JL said they like a lot of space. If they will be installed in a small area or theres not a lot of air-space where theyll be installed (enclosure technically) JL M770-TCX will work better.

Thanks for the reply! The JL's are the factory installed speakers within the boat - I think the 75rms should work well for them. I am going to try to get the tower wiring done tonight, I heard it is a PITA to fish all this wire through the tower . . . .

Thanks for the reply! The JL's are the factory installed speakers within the boat - I think the 75rms should work well for them. I am going to try to get the tower wiring done tonight, I heard it is a PITA to fish all this wire through the tower . . . .
Yea good luck, looks like nice equipment. Post pictures of your progress/how much of a PITA it is. I'm curious.

a nice amp for the job. be sure to take advantage of the amp crossovers!

really, the division of channels and speakers depends on the location of them and the control you desire. the towers will be on or off so you can combine them. the boat speakers are sometimes desired to be controlled separately = i.e. if the front passengers want to hold a conversation while the rear passengers "rock out". you have the option of doing it either way if you run dedicated wire to the amp from each speaker. flexibility is key.

i usually incorporate some switches/relays to turn off speakers in each area. boats typically require more flexibility than cars.

I like the idea on controlling the tower speakers volume separately, anyone care to school a newbie on how to do this . . . . .

As far as the crossovers go, I am clueless - and it sounds like the amp is pretty high tech when it come to this.

Leviathan can perform in many roles. We shall now go through these permutations and

see how they all stack up.

1) Run all six channels in FLAT mode. This will enable you to use an outboard processor

of your choice including our upcoming full tube electronic crossover.

2) Run all channels in flat mode and bridge any or all of the 3 pairs of channels.

3) Run channels 1+2 in high pass independently of the other channels

4) Run channels 3+4 in high, low or band pass independently of the other channels. There

are two crossovers available on channels 3+4 and switching the high and low pass to be

in cascade allows for a band pass mode.

5) Run channels 5+6 in low pass mode using the dedicated RCA inputs.

6) Run channels 5+6 in low pass mode using the summed inputs of channels 1-4. The

signal is now MONO and this mono signal is routed to the main channel 5+6 amplifiers.

7) Channels 1+2 can be switched to receive the mono low pass signal from channels 5+6

8) Channels 3+4 can be switched to receive the mono low pass signal from channels 5+6

9) For a tri-amplified system, channels 1+2 are run high pass, channels 3+4 bandpass

and channels 5+6 low pass.

10) All six channels can be run mono low pass for those systems where there are many

single woofers.

LEVIATHAN

LEVIATHAN

LEVIATHAN comes standard with Burr Brown chip sets in the front end.

Page 2611) Run channels 1+2 as high pass and channels 3,4,5 and 6 as low pass for a typical

front stage system.

12) Run channels 1+2 in high pass for the front stage, channels 3+4 in high pass for the

rear fill and channels 5+6 for the subs.

14) Run channels 1+2 in high pass for the front stage tweeters, channels 3+4 in band

pass for the front stage midrange and channels 5+6 for the subs.

15) A high power front stage system. Run Chs 1+2 as high pass in bridge (300w @ 8

ohm/600w @ 4 ohm), Chs 3+4 as high pass in bridge (300w @ 8 ohm/600w @ 4 ohm)

and channels 5+6 as low pass.

I like the idea on controlling the tower speakers volume separately, anyone care to school a newbie on how to do this . . . . .
As far as the crossovers go, I am clueless - and it sounds like the amp is pretty high tech when it come to this.

Leviathan can perform in many roles. We shall now go through these permutations and

see how they all stack up.

1) Run all six channels in FLAT mode. This will enable you to use an outboard processor

of your choice including our upcoming full tube electronic crossover.

2) Run all channels in flat mode and bridge any or all of the 3 pairs of channels.

3) Run channels 1+2 in high pass independently of the other channels

4) Run channels 3+4 in high, low or band pass independently of the other channels. There

are two crossovers available on channels 3+4 and switching the high and low pass to be

in cascade allows for a band pass mode.

5) Run channels 5+6 in low pass mode using the dedicated RCA inputs.

6) Run channels 5+6 in low pass mode using the summed inputs of channels 1-4. The

signal is now MONO and this mono signal is routed to the main channel 5+6 amplifiers.

7) Channels 1+2 can be switched to receive the mono low pass signal from channels 5+6

8) Channels 3+4 can be switched to receive the mono low pass signal from channels 5+6

9) For a tri-amplified system, channels 1+2 are run high pass, channels 3+4 bandpass

and channels 5+6 low pass.

10) All six channels can be run mono low pass for those systems where there are many

single woofers.

LEVIATHAN

LEVIATHAN

LEVIATHAN comes standard with Burr Brown chip sets in the front end.

Page 2611) Run channels 1+2 as high pass and channels 3,4,5 and 6 as low pass for a typical

front stage system.

12) Run channels 1+2 in high pass for the front stage, channels 3+4 in high pass for the

rear fill and channels 5+6 for the subs.

14) Run channels 1+2 in high pass for the front stage tweeters, channels 3+4 in band

pass for the front stage midrange and channels 5+6 for the subs.

15) A high power front stage system. Run Chs 1+2 as high pass in bridge (300w @ 8

ohm/600w @ 4 ohm), Chs 3+4 as high pass in bridge (300w @ 8 ohm/600w @ 4 ohm)

and channels 5+6 as low pass.
Uhhhhhhhh...I'm out of this one lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.