Need help wiring blind spot camera to Blaupunkt radio

Participant count
  • Participants list

afbryant

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone, I recently bought a cheap Blaupunkt radio mainly because I wanted to install cameras into an older truck. The radio has rca ports for two cameras. I have the rear camera working good but I cannot figure out how to wire up the camera that I am going to use at the mirror.
Can someone please lead me in the right direction to get started. I was planning on triggering it with the turn signal. I cannot find much on the web for side camers. There is tuns of info for wiring reverse cameras.

Hello everyone, I recently bought a cheap Blaupunkt radio mainly because I wanted to install cameras into an older truck. The radio has rca ports for two cameras. I have the rear camera working good but I cannot figure out how to wire up the camera that I am going to use at the mirror.
Can someone please lead me in the right direction to get started. I was planning on triggering it with the turn signal. I cannot find much on the web for side camers. There is tuns of info for wiring reverse cameras.
Maybe someone can give me a link to some detailed information. I am just getting nothing at all. Am I going to need a separate module or something for another camera?

Maybe someone can give me a link to some detailed information. I am just getting nothing at all. Am I going to need a separate module or something for another camera?
It is a Blaupunkt Berlin622 radio. The harness had a dedicated wire for the reverse camera but not the front/side camera

Could not find a manual for your specific unit, but a similar one has the pink wire as remote for the rear camera while the pink with black for the front camera.
This one has a orange/black wire for the rear camera but it has no wire for a front camera. Is there "supposed" to be a wire for the front camera? There certainly is a RCA port for it.

This one has a orange/black wire for the rear camera but it has no wire for a front camera. Is there "supposed" to be a wire for the front camera? There certainly is a RCA port for it.
It would make sense for there to be one since other models have it. Download a manual for a similar model and compare it's harness to yours. If all is alike, you may be missing a wire. You may even be able to use another model's harness. Also check your settings, you may have a model that switches front to rear camera via on screen button.

I took the radio out of another car and it has dedicated wires for both front and rear cameras. So , does anyone know if there is another way to install it without that wire?

I took the radio out of another car and it has dedicated wires for both front and rear cameras. So , does anyone know if there is another way to install it without that wire?
That wire is the activator, so without it no. Is there a wire that is not being used in the harness? Something like antennae remote. If yes, then you can painstakingly remove it and insert in the front camera slot. I have done this before, so you must flag it, very important.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.