JBL crossover help...strange issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

Maussimo010

CarAudio.com Newbie
Boston
I'm installing a new Alpine head (ILX-W650) unit in a 2016 Ford Transit 150. I'm using a JBL component set (JBL GTO609C) in the front. I got the left side installed and everything was working fine and sounded great. I started to hook up the left side and as soon as I connected the feed wires to the IN on the crossover on the right side of the van, the left side went dead, as in no sound. If I disconnect it, the left side works again. I am pretty sure my connections are all good as I soldered everything and used heat shrink tubing. I used the wire that had a tracer on it as my ground wire for the speakers. If something is reversed polarity on the left side, would it cause the sound to go out on the left when I hook up the right? Or are they independent of each other?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm installing a new Alpine head (ILX-W650) unit in a 2016 Ford Transit 150. I'm using a JBL component set (JBL GTO609C) in the front. I got the left side installed and everything was working fine and sounded great. I started to hook up the left side and as soon as I connected the feed wires to the IN on the crossover on the right side of the van, the left side went dead, as in no sound. If I disconnect it, the left side works again. I am pretty sure my connections are all good as I soldered everything and used heat shrink tubing. I used the wire that had a tracer on it as my ground wire for the speakers. If something is reversed polarity on the left side, would it cause the sound to go out on the left when I hook up the right? Or are they independent of each other?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Turn off the radio, connect the right side, then turn it on. Make sure your crossover is clean of small wires that can short the current.

Turn off the radio, connect the right side, then turn it on. Make sure your crossover is clean of small wires that can short the current.
Solved.

I ran the tweeter wire through the door rubber bellows with the rest of the door wiring and it got pinched and grounded out against the body when I clipped the door harness back in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.