Need Help Tuning First Sub Enclosuere

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rdannyr

HI Im building a subwoofer box and need help determining port length.

The Box is 2.188 Ft^3 and will have 2 round 3 inch PVC port.

The ports will stick out of the box 5 1/4 inches

I want to tune it tune 32Hz (is this good for rap and EDM?)

My question is A port calculator website gave me a port length of 14.81 inches

Does this include the 5 1/4 inches that extrude?

Is the 14.81 inches for each port or would each be half of that?

I'm using a 45 degree elbow how do i calculate the volume of that?

Thanks so much

2lih3s6.png

xohd2t.png

so0rdl.png

your box is 2.18 gross probably but NET the actual usable air space for the sub is 1.57^3 then you need to account for sub displacement and port displacement... i hope your putting an 8 in this box or pushing the limits of a 10

The sub is a 12 infinty 1260w and I though I did account for port volume and driver displacement. Thanks for the answers but how do you figure 21.5 inches?

Agian thanks everybody

nope none of that was included in your calculations, i used the specs you got on the sheet and this is what i got
ipuxzb.png

your sub is recommended in a ported enclosure 2^3 after port and sub displacement

and i used this for the port length

Products Menu

14e5rip.png

what kind of vehicle is this for? a truck?

The dimensions giver we're from the inside not outside.

Anyways I have just finished building the box and took actual inside dimensions not calculated ones I'll include in pics

with these measurements I calculated a 15.35 inch port length now.

Since I need 2 it's a total length of 30.7 inches and using a port volume calculator I got the volume of the ports to be 217.0051 in^3

I went back and imputed all the data and added .07ft^3 for driver displacement (estimate infinity doesn't give displacement specs)

All together that gives me a volume of 1.996ft^3 which is perfect because infinity recommends 2ft^3

Is my math correct?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.