Need help on polks

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gmanjr

Ohio
Not sure where to post this please move if needed. Thank you

Yes I searched first lol not new new to threads. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif lol

I have a pioneer 6500bt and I just ordered from crutchfield 2 sets of the Polk dxi570's for my ford ranger 09 I was wondering what would be the best amp to power these speakers or would you just power them with the head unit?

Not a lot of speakers to choose from because of the depth of the rear speakers.

No sub installed maybe down the road just not right now.

I installed lots of amps and sub back in the day haha I'm 38 so I don't want the boom sound I want clean sound now! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can run the rear speakers off the Head unit with a bass blocker/cap, and run the fronts off the amp, and Bridge ch 3/4 for a sub, on either amp

Yeah zapco been around for years lol. I won't forget the ref sound stream 500 I had. Haha had it down to 1/2 ohm on a pair of PG dual voice coils.

I think ill amp them all. I want clean sound not to worry about bass. I listen to rock music and like to hear the drums and guitar stuff you don't hear on factory radios

Ohh I'm putting the polks in the front and back the dxi570 will fit the rear and front that's why I went with them. I want the same all around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Polk are good speakers.I was running a pair of DB6.5 coax for a bit on a HiFonics VII vulcan, and they sounded very nice.Just adjust the gains so you dont have the rear overwhelm the front stage,and you should be fine.Im running CDT speakers, and they sound really nice,a little more than the polks, but worth it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.