need help on box design...two 15" L7s

Participant count
  • Participant list

aaron7114
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Arkansas
ok I have a question. If I built this box:

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=39.5&Eh=21.25&Dia=10&Xmax=13.5&Vd=0.13&NumW=2&Vb=7&Fb=34&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

On the front of the box..beside the port I am going to mount both of my amps. Then I am going to build out around the amps with wood and then put plexi glass in front of the amps. That way all the wires are hidden and it should look pretty cool. So because of that the port will actually extend out around 3 extra inches. Will that raise or lower my tuning? by how much?

So I am taking out the violet board so that its a straight port instead of L shaped. And then also the port will extend out of the box around 3 inches. What do I need to do to get the tuning to 34 hz?

Is it possible to slant the back wall so that I can get a little extra depth/air space? Slanting it against the backseats. If someone who knows a lot about building boxes would work with me and come up with a design I would really appreciate it. I plan on starting the build in the next couple of days.

Make the violet board 3 inchs smaller so 2.5 so you maintain the same amount of port area, however by doing that you have altered the total volume of the enclosure, but its very minimal so it should only change the tuning of the port very slightly

And yes you could do a slant to get more airspace but i dont think you really need it and you wont gain a ton from it. Also you would need a table saw to make the 45 degree cut, you can do it without but its a *****.

I think Im gonna have to take the violet board out completely to get my subs to fit. I dont think they will fit side by side so I planned on putting them kind of diagonal to one another.

please someone help me. Planning on starting the build today.

MAX Dimensions

39.5" Wide

21.25" Tall

28" Deep

I dont want to go the whole 28" though because I want some room between the box and back hatch.

Needs to be a straight port and the actual port is going to extend out of the box around 3". Wanting it tuned to 34".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.