need help, my amp might be fuxored

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey, I just took apart my GP3000D, and the RCA's were attatched to the end panel with an allen key screw right in between the RCA's.

Also, if your remote wire is showing no voltage when tested, that's your problem. I saw you mentioned no power in your remote in your first post, but never said anything about it again.

No remote voltage = no amplifier power for joo.

finally found the last screw, thanks. the remote was getting voltage.

Ill take some more pictures of the board, but Im not sure what to look for

finally found the last screw, thanks. the remote was getting voltage.
Ill take some more pictures of the board, but Im not sure what to look for
On the underside of the board should be lots and lots of solder joints. Look at the power/ground ones and make sure they are okay. See if the terminals themself can move on the board, if they are shaking or move a bit, the solder joint likely broke and you will need to resolder them. You have a digital multimeter I'm guessing, probe around the board for connectivity. That will teach you a bit about how it works, and show you if something is unsoldered.

On the underside of the board should be lots and lots of solder joints. Look at the power/ground ones and make sure they are okay. See if the terminals themself can move on the board, if they are shaking or move a bit, the solder joint likely broke and you will need to resolder them. You have a digital multimeter I'm guessing, probe around the board for connectivity. That will teach you a bit about how it works, and show you if something is unsoldered.
The terminals do move a little bit. they are not "loose". I think that is the problem, but I have never soldered before and dont know exactly what to do. To check though I guess you are saying to hook power up to it and then play around with the dmm?

here are some pics with the heatsink off...

DSC_0171-1.jpg

DSC_0172-1.jpg

DSC_0170-1.jpg

Nono, you don't need to power it up to test for continuity with the multimeter. Just put it on the >| setting and start touching things. Try any of the things you think to be blown that are in circuit. If you get a continuity, the likelihood is that they are good.

First thing I recommend doing, test continuity between the power and ground terminals. Depending on your DMM, it may beep, it may display resistance, it may just flash random numbers. All depends on the DMM, but I expect you to know how to use one. If you don't know how to use your DMM, post that and I will give better instructions.

Let us know if your +12V terminal and ground terminal give you continuity. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

To the top? I'm bored out of my mind in class and there are no good threads. I'm curious as to what ended up happening. allout, when you get online, poast!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.