need help, my amp might be fuxored

Participant count
  • Participant list

allout13
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Georgia
I got robbed a few weeks ago so I took out my amp and sub. About a week ago I was hooking it back up when I accidentally touched the ground to the power wire and blew a fuse. The ground was connected to the amp, but the power wire was loose. I took the cover off of the amp and looked at the internals. I couldnt find anywhere burnt. I finally got a new fuse today and I hooked it up and the power light will not come on. When I took the cover off of the amp, I noticed that the power and ground connections were bent out from where the thief had tried to yank the wires out, but I dont know if that would have caused me to have this trouble.

My dmm shows there is voltage at the amp. The remote wire shows is getting power. Am I focked?

well if you power and ground arent making connection to the board inside the amp then that would explain why the power light wont come on.. solder it back to the boardif you are confident you can do it withough doing more ****age than good.

well if you power and ground arent making connection to the board inside the amp then that would explain why the power light wont come on.. solder it back to the boardif you are confident you can do it withough doing more ****age than good.
Ive never soldered. how hard is it to do?

I would have been able to see something burnt if I had messed it up right? but if the connections arent touching the board it would protected it from my accident but causing the current problem right?

DSC_0170.jpg

shows where the power and ground inputs were yanked back^^^^

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

place I belive need soldered back^^^^

you will need to remove all the "red screws", and what ever else is holding it to the heat sink.

The power supply connections are all soldered on the back of the board.

t0pb9e.jpg

Im having trouble trying to figure out how to get the rcas out from the end cover. the cover seems connected to the rca jacks. does anyone know how to get this out?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.