Need help MTX1501D model

Participant count
  • Participant list

Whitetiger619
10+ year member

TEXAS
Hello i recently bought two mtx 1501d from Ebay one looks to be in fully working order but the second one the guy told me needs to be fixed. Now my question is on these amps when you take them apart you take off the two silver screws first .. then pull up an off the chrome MTX logo badge... then you pull out the little LED light platic .... Then you unscrew the 6 black screws... then you pull off the Black Houseing saying 1501D and Thunder on the bottom.. then the silver houseing exposeing the board....

Now hear is were im stuck.... please listen carefully AMP PROS only.. The compression button does it need to be pushed in ? or released ? The reason why im saying this is because i seen how to modafy these amps witch i " do not " intend to do.. If i dont get an answer i will contact MTX if i have too..

Please help me AMP GODS !

If the amp is in good working order it should work fine with the switch in either position. With the switch pushed in the compression circuit is engaged and the amp keeps itself from clipping much if at all which I think is a cool feature for daily driving. With the switch in the out position the amp will make more power for sure but it will be clipped power which you would only really want if you were competing IMO.

You rock Spooney thank you for letting me know that when i opened up both amps both of thouse Switches were pushed to the open instead of closed.. Im happy these two amps i bought are not modded to run 1 ohm.

Well the good news an the bad news... Or better yet only bad news... I took both amps into the car amp repair shop to have them tested 1 amp that i knew did not work did not even power up " thats bad right ? " LOL the other amp powered on but the output was horrable with the compression circuit pushed in.. i will take the amps back down monday to have them take a look at them its gonna cost me 15 dolllars each for them to take a look at it i will keep every one posted... I feel like releasing the Ebay memebers name hear so no body else gets scammed like i did.... but i dont want the moderators to look at me badly... what do yall think ?

from reading the seller description he wasn't sure if the amps even worked.if i was reading/buying amps i would of ask a couple question about the functionality of the amps before i brought it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.