Dpx11551 1550rms amplifier HELP internal photos

Participant count
  • Participant list

twiztid83
10+ year member

New york
Clarion dpx11551. I have been using this amp for 5 years now with no problems. Today I go to turn my suv on and it went right into protect mode. Does the flash 3 times then pause flash and keeps doing it. I looked up in the manual what the flash code means and it says short circuit in wires . Fix vehical wires , disconnect amp for 5 minutes and try again.

Nothing is short circuited in my vehical. Took off plate and got photos of the internals of the amp and everything looks like new still.

WTF just what I needed.

Btw I also disconnected the subwoofer, etc.. everything and it still does it.View attachment 26533824

Anyone have any information that can be helpful please?

Last edited by a moderator:
maby its just tired... check wires front to back for bad connections or burnt,melted, eaten wires? check your grounds? and burnt spots in amp?
MY WORST LUCK IN THE WORLD!

I plugged it all back up. Amp is on and lit up like its fixed. I put in my new JL 12w7 and it didnt play whell 4 seconds later FLAMES are shooting out and fried my new w7!!! I had just checked the coils on it and it was still brand new now there pitch black and unwound!!!!

So WTF DO I DO???! I PLUG IN MY GFS BRAND NEW 2 12" POLK AUDIO SUBWOOFERS AND FRIED THEM TOO! WHAT THE ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LAKSDFJALSKDFJASDAFLJKASLKDFJ

MY WORST LUCK IN THE WORLD! I plugged it all back up. Amp is on and lit up like its fixed. I put in my new JL 12w7 and it didnt play whell 4 seconds later FLAMES are shooting out and fried my new w7!!! I had just checked the coils on it and it was still brand new now there pitch black and unwound!!!!

So WTF DO I DO???! I PLUG IN MY GFS BRAND NEW 2 12" POLK AUDIO SUBWOOFERS AND FRIED THEM TOO! WHAT THE ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LAKSDFJALSKDFJASDAFLJKASLKDFJ
yeaaaaaaaa your amp's FVCKERED

Has anyone had this problem where the amp is not even playing music it turns on like normal and just heats up coils on the subs while not even moving. Just frys the **** out of them?! I have never heard of it before. It should go into protect! wtf!

yeaaaaaaaa your amp's FVCKERED
I checked to see if dc current is comming out of the speaker terminals and 115.1 something is comming out dc. Clarion said that it could be a fried alternator or fried amplifier. They cant do **** about my 800$ in losses in new subwoofers plus 400$ amplifier.

Oh and also if someone would have told me to check dc current out my speaker terminals like the first thing clarion asked me then I wouldnt be in this ******* mess with someone just saying OH **** UR AMP IS FUCXED.. Dont say anything at all if you dont know problem shooting .

I checked to see if dc current is comming out of the speaker terminals and 115.1 something is comming out dc. Clarion said that it could be a fried alternator or fried amplifier. They cant do **** about my 800$ in losses in new subwoofers plus 400$ amplifier.
Oh and also if someone would have told me to check dc current out my speaker terminals like the first thing clarion asked me then I wouldnt be in this ******* mess with someone just saying OH **** UR AMP IS FUCXED.. Dont say anything at all if you dont know problem shooting .

LOL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

sounds like you shoulda been smarter then to hook up more subs after frying some a few seconds before? go figure lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

sounds like you shoulda been smarter then to hook up more subs after frying some a few seconds before? go figure lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif
It came out of protect mode so I tried another pair of subs and it did it again. I didnt know about testing the speaker terminals for dc current.

Clarion told me it could be my alternator also. Took it to advance auto for a free machine check and sure enough my alternator is fried also which created all these problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.