need help for my SQ build

SQballin
10+ year member

hey everyone im new to the forums here. Had a question for you experts..

I have a 2006 graphite grey evo IX and wanna put a system in it. I have no clue on how to position the speakers kick panel or stock location. For thoes of you who dont know the evo has 2 speaker locations 2 up front 2 on rear deck all 6.5 components could fit up fron the tweeter is in the piller and the mid is in the door.

Past listening experience i had a buddy that had the sony ES copetetion series i believe that arnt made anymore. it had an AMAZING SQ. I want something close to that or better but reminder SQ is the goal here not sound level.

brands i have seen are BA pro which are priced around 400

FOCAL k2p i believe which are around 800

and iv heard the jl ZRs are good

i havent seen any reccomendations for a headunit altho i know alpine makes some VERY nice ones along with eclips.. simple clean very effective. Not looking for something Really flashy that performs like crap. Performance over looks for me

and what amp would you suggest? iv heard the new alpines are good but as stated before im no expert on car audio.. any and all suggestions good, bad, what ever are welcome and as all forums go I have my flame clothing on

Thanks in advance SQballin

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum.

About your install, do you plan to install everything yourself?

In my mind you can get an awesome sounding system by using either the stock locations or kickpanels. You just need to decide what you over all goal of your system is.

As far as head units go, I have to throw out my recommendation for the Pioneer Premier PRS880. For the price, you can not beat all of the features that you get in this unit and the SQ is great!

I would really just recommend that you read as much as you can in this forum and other's like it, and then go out and listen to as many of the speaker/ head units/amps that you can to find out what you like the sound of.

Just make sure to take some music you are really familiar with, and set all of the headunit EQ lvls to flat when doing your listening test.

Here is another great website to start out with...

http://www.bcae1.com

acouple things....

1st Nice car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

2nd, I'd recommend a 5ch amp... Bridge front 4 channels to power front comps...and the 5th channel for the sub...

Try a Phoenix Gold RSD setup... RSD comps and RSD12 sub...

Maybe a Kicker zx700.5 amp?

That should be pretty cost effective...

Edit; Alpine HU //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Bridge front 4 channels to power front comps...and the 5th channel for the sub...
I'd leave the four channels unbridged, so he could run active off of the head unit or other processor...but I do like the 5-channel idea //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

True...

But I would prefer more power to the Mid, but then it could complicate things...

Its clear to see that the car is built for speed...excess weight is a no no...

depends on what your real goal is. from the sounds of it you are willing to put some $$$ into it to get something you like.

1. do you want a sub? if yes how much room and power are you willing to give it?-seen no mention of a sub by the op.

2. speakers- with a sub or without a sub may change your opinion on what to get and or if you really want/need rear fill to bring out more bass. also

3. do you plan on sticking totally to stock locations?

He's looking at Focals and JL ZR's and you guys are suggesting PG RSD's?

I loved my BA Pros when I had them but to date of the installs I've done I like the Focals the most.

The pioneer HU mentioned above will work nicely and the Alpine CDA9887 would do you some good as well.

-Nick-

He's looking at Focals and JL ZR's and you guys are suggesting PG RSD's?
I loved my BA Pros when I had them but to date of the installs I've done I like the Focals the most.

The pioneer HU mentioned above will work nicely and the Alpine CDA9887 would do you some good as well.

-Nick-
lol x2

Get a deck with time alignment. I'm partial to Alpines but I guess the new ones are not so great. Be willing to spend as much time and money on your equipment as you do with your install. It took me a while to learn this but install is just as important as equipment. I know it sounds crazy to a beginner but trusy me on this one. If you just throw everything in as quick as possible without care it's going to sound bad at best and get broken at worst. Take things you read with a grain of salt as well...not everyone on this board is trying to help you. Anytime you consider a new piece of equipment study the manual online and read about it in great detail so you will know if it will work for you.

Rainbow makes great SQ components.

Pioneer 880 as stated above is a great SQ cd player.

Sundown makes great amplifiers.

Image Dynamics makes great SQ subwoofers.

Do some searches for these brands and what not and you will not be disappointed at all i promise. None of that stuff is cheap, but it is all great quality equipment.

hey everyone thank you for the quick responses.

As for the stock or kick panel install im not sure yet wanna keep it low key but if you get better sound quality from a kick as apposed to stock i would go that route.. i was lookin at the alpine 9887 for a HU but if their is a better one out their for sound quality id go that route.

My car has a sub that came it it stock //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif would eventually replace it but wanna get the components, HU, and amp first. I see alot of talk about the Focals, and BA for good SQ, the focals i was looking at were the K2p or K3p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif not sure what ones are better, altho i dont have enought to drop on the utopias but **** that would be sweet. as far as how much i have to spend would like to stick around the $3000 mark thats without install.. i could do it myself but im a wuss when it comes to removing paneling from my car, seems whenever i do it never quite fits right again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

another question i had is should i even bother with the rear deck speakers. or just get fronts which i have seen alot of talk about doing.

I am new in the SQ feild and not sure what route to go. advice on a good amp would be nice too otherwise i may just go to walmart and get a rampage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif just kiddin. Once again thank you for the quick responses and all the information

PS thanks for the compliments on the car I love it!

thanks again everyone

SQballin

but if you get better sound quality from a kick as apposed to stock i would go that route
The advantage to kicks are that you can put the drivers more on-axis to your ears, and get the pathlengths from the speakers to your ears a lot closer than you would be able to with them in the doors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.