Need help conceptualizing door speaker placement

Participant count
  • Participants list
I think I'm going to settle on these Stevens Audio 8s. People are saying some pretty good things about them.

Attachments

• 8 mid bass.jpg
    8 mid bass.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 152
I think I'm going to settle on these Stevens Audio 8s. People are saying some pretty good things about them.
Personally heard them, weak midbass, not special in any way. there are cheaper drivers that sound way better. Overhyped for no real reason. Even a crescendo PWX 8 that was in the setup before had literally at least 5x the midbass output compared to the stevens audio which replaced it. Needless to say he went back to the pwx. however this is a 3 way network mode front stage consisting of midbass, midrange and tweeter and the pwx is not good for midrange performance, very good for midbass though.

Last edited:
Personally heard them, weak midbass, not special in any way. there are cheaper drivers that sound way better. Overhyped for no real reason. Even a crescendo PWX 8 that was in the setup before had literally at least 5x the midbass output compared to the stevens audio which replaced it. Needless to say he went back to the pwx. however this is a 3 way network mode front stage consisting of midbass, midrange and tweeter and the pwx is not good for midrange performance, very good for midbass though.

What would you recommend for $200 a pair or less? SQ is desirable but would like the potential to get loud and keep up with a high powered sub. Strong hard hitting midbass would be great. They will be firing into a properly sealed and sound treated door.

I just don't have the experience to know whats good. Some guys at SMD forum are who recommended the Steven's. Tbh, I really don't know what to choose.

Last edited:
What would you recommend for $200 a pair or less? SQ is desirable but would like the potential to get loud and keep up with a high powered sub. Strong hard hitting midbass would be great. They will be firing into a properly sealed and sound treated door.

I just don't have the experience to know whats good. Some guys at SMD forum are who recommended the Steven's. Tbh, I really don't know what to choose.
i'd definitely look for some beyma dealers near you, loud and SQ is their game.

i'd definitely look for some beyma dealers near you, loud and SQ is their game.

I found this Beyma Pro8Mi. The details warn about playing to low of frequencies through it. It recommends to crossover the low end at 200hz. Would a 15" sub play up past 200hz to fill this in or would I have some gaps in my sound spectrum in the 150-200hz area?

Here's the quote...

• It's important to emphasize that although this loudspeaker seems physically intended for woofer or subwoofer; this speaker is not designed to reproduce that frequency range. Meaning we could break it quite easily if we intend to give it such use.
  • On the contrary, if we use it to reproduce the frequencies for which it is designed, this speaker can generate very high levels with great high quality playback. But always as part of a system in which there also woofers and/or subwoofers to complement it and reproduce the lower frequencies where the midrange loudspeakers, with it's special design, can't.
  • The cutoff frequency recommended for these speakers not only have to take into account the frequency range, but also the impedance curve of each one of them. Based on these data the recommended cuts would be the following: Minimum lower cutoff frequency (High Pass): 200Hz. Maximum upper cutoff frequency (Low Pass): 4-5 kHz

I found this Beyma Pro8Mi. The details warn about playing to low of frequencies through it. It recommends to crossover the low end at 200hz. Would a 15" sub play up past 200hz to fill this in or would I have some gaps in my sound spectrum in the 150-200hz area?

Here's the quote...

• It's important to emphasize that although this loudspeaker seems physically intended for woofer or subwoofer; this speaker is not designed to reproduce that frequency range. Meaning we could break it quite easily if we intend to give it such use.
  • On the contrary, if we use it to reproduce the frequencies for which it is designed, this speaker can generate very high levels with great high quality playback. But always as part of a system in which there also woofers and/or subwoofers to complement it and reproduce the lower frequencies where the midrange loudspeakers, with it's special design, can't.
  • The cutoff frequency recommended for these speakers not only have to take into account the frequency range, but also the impedance curve of each one of them. Based on these data the recommended cuts would be the following: Minimum lower cutoff frequency (High Pass): 200Hz. Maximum upper cutoff frequency (Low Pass): 4-5 kHz
those look like the midrange series think u need the midbass...

always had my doubts about that driver although it seems to be a forum boner on other forums...they model up in winisd not that impressive...although they do have a fairly low fs/fo or wateva. Even my cheap pair of prv 8mb450v2 model better in winisd but i havent install them yet but ill comment when i try them..im also trying a 3 way set up

always had my doubts about that driver although it seems to be a forum boner on other forums...they model up in winisd not that impressive...although they do have a fairly low fs/fo or wateva. Even my cheap pair of prv 8mb450v2 model better in winisd but i havent install them yet but ill comment when i try them..im also trying a 3 way set up

yea over at SMD those guys act like theirs nothing that compares to them for under $200 pair.

yea over at SMD those guys act like theirs nothing that compares to them for under $200 pair.
They also have no idea what sound quality is so anything mediocre clear to them they think its good. Was soo disappointed with the 8s. Soo much hype i wanted them to sound good but a direct drop comparison with and without full SQ tune.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.