Need help conceptualizing door speaker placement

Participant count
  • Participant list
oh newer model than my buddy's, louder by one db. Yeah those would be great for SQ and loudness. Only Pro audio drivers that actually has a really high resolution sound like dedicated SQ drivers and they loud as balls.

Alright, we have a winner folks. I'll buy em now. Sent the Pioneers back today... hope Amazon gives the refund.

Got'em for $307 from Garagebagger.com shipped.

Last edited:
Not bad what midrange speakers you using in the 3 way? hope not the pioneers ":/

ha, no the Pioneers are gone.

I'm still deciding tbh. Ive gotta decide on mounting location first. I think my brain almost broke deciding to buy the pair of 8s. Big thanks to Jeffdachef for helping me there.

My mounting options can be right next to the 8 in the door or up in the factory location in dash or in the corner of the A pillar by windshield (which really isn't far from factory dash location)... as long as I keep mounting depth under 2". Just not enough room in the kick panels to do much (I really don't want to be kicking them all the time). If I don't care about them mounting on axis to face my head then the factory dash location would be the easiest.

When I messeged Eric Stevens with Stevens Audio, he suggested this 3" FaitalPro to go with his 8". However, that thing just doesn't seem like it could keep up with my other speakers as it only has 20 rms.

I"ve been looking through this product page for CDT AUDIO.com. They seem to have some nice offerings... Was even wondering about using a 4" coax in the dash corners (easy way to keep the midrange and the tweeter together right?). I don't see people talking about using coax speakers when going for SQ so I guess their not as good, but what do I know?

I think I just gotta keep talking to people, watching videos, and reading about how 3 way systems work so I start to really understand and then get the right thing for my situation. I hate to go to the trouble of spending money and time on an install and it not sound great ya know. You guys have been a big help to me on here.

I'm not in a big hurry though to pick out the mids. I need to fab the doors for the 8's, finish sound treating the doors with deadner, CCF, and MLV and sealing the holes. Then I think I'm gonna pull the interior of the car out and run deadner, CCF, and MLV throughout the floor, run my power wires to be setup for my amps and mount my mids amps under the front seats. I still need to do my big 3 as well. I got a lot of work to do...lol.

All that to say, I got time to think this through well about what to do for midrange/tweeters.

Here's a pic...

Last edited:
Do you think a baffle like this would be a good idea to protect this new 8" Beyma mid I just got for my door?

baffle

When I look down my window opening into my door, it sure looks like it would be easy for rain, snow, moisture to get in there and get my speaker wet.

Attachments

• baffle.png
    baffle.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 249
some people use them but cut the bottom part out or half of it so the speaker could still vent in the door...I was a bit more creative and cut out material from an old umbrella and screw it between the speaker ring adaptor and the door...it gets the job done

some people use them but cut the bottom part out or half of it so the speaker could still vent in the door...I was a bit more creative and cut out material from an old umbrella and screw it between the speaker ring adaptor and the door...it gets the job done
Yea, I need the air to go into my door cavity. I just spent way too long sealing my doors up for this purpose.

It looks like the foam gets narrower as it goes down. I hope it doesn't affect the performance of the speaker any way. I'm hoping these speakers will sound special.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.