Need help choosing budget sub for sealed enclosure

If I have time today, maybe I can stack the handful of ab, ds18 and sundown subs I have in stock on a table, along with some of my st

I remember a thread where a guy posted gut pics of a Critical Mass and Audio Pipe amplifiers. Layoutwise they were carbon copies of each other. Difference was on the components used.
No. The ONLY difference was the outrageous price tag and dumb celebrity endorsements on the CM. Big D did a dyno of one recently and it was pretty much just a cookie cutter Chinese catalog amp that didn't even make rated power.

they are built the same way regardless.
I can assure you, if you pick something out of their catalog and then tell China you want that, but for 70% of the asking price they will find a way to give you something that looks identical but has 30% worth of corner cutting cost savings. They'll even tell you it's the same because in their culture it is meant to be mutually understood that you get what you pay for.
一分钱一分货

Now that, I must watch.
He may have taken it down. I think a few people who were butthurt that they were conned into shelling out thousands on those amps cried that the one he was testing was "counterfeit", though back when they were actually being promoted guts had been posted online and they were just Chinese catalog fare.

Interesting that nobody ever posted a rebuttal showing what a """real""" one looked like inside or could do on the dyno.

Anyway, people have been calling ******** on CM for like 15 years now, but there's still people who tell themselves that nothing can possibly be that expensive if it isn't totally worth it.

He may have taken it down.
Yes, I could not find it. But the thread I saw, the components were different than the Audiopipe amp. There was no focus as to the brands of the components, so no idea if it was actually run of the mill. I do not think I would pay those prices when you have proven brands like McIntosh still available.

No. The ONLY difference was the outrageous price tag and dumb celebrity endorsements on the CM. Big D did a dyno of one recently and it was pretty much just a cookie cutter Chinese catalog amp that didn't even make rated power.

I can assure you, if you pick something out of their catalog and then tell China you want that, but for 70% of the asking price they will find a way to give you something that looks identical but has 30% worth of corner cutting cost savings. They'll even tell you it's the same because in their culture it is meant to be mutually understood that you get what you pay for.
一分钱一分货

the easiest way to get the lower prices is to do what I learned many years ago when I was a dealer for a bunch of brands, spend more money 😈. He with the deepest pockets always wins! I use to sell stuff at dealer cost and still make a ton of money cause I’d buy so much at once 😂. The easiest way for them to cut costs and make everything appear the same is use lower grade magnets and a smaller coil (seen many subs that are suppose to be say 3” coils but are 2.5” or smaller when I took them apart 😂). I learned that those catalog prices are just a starting point, if your willing to drop 50k or more, they are very flexible.

the thread I saw, the components were different than the Audiopipe amp.

It is just as likely that that factory uses whatever components they have handy and ran out of whatever brand they used for the audopipe production run. It's extremely improbable that the brand that sells a 50$ amp or 200$ sub for 8 grand suddenly cares about giving their customers high quality or value or is in any way shape or form trying to justify their price by spending an extra 10$ per unit in components.

So I ended up buying ct sounds ozone.
Just installed it over the weekend and omg it bumbs way harder than the cheap pioneer I had before. I'm super happy with it hope it holds up.
I just need to make a new box the one I have is around .7 to .8 and it calls for a 1ft box

So I ended up buying ct sounds ozone.
Just installed it over the weekend and omg it bumbs way harder than the cheap pioneer I had before. I'm super happy with it hope it holds up.
I just need to make a new box the one I have is around .7 to .8 and it calls for a 1ft box

Hey, that's the one I recommended. I'm glad you're happy with it. Any pics or videos? I've never ran CT subs. I have ran one of their amps on my mids/highs.

It depends on how cheap you wanna go but I've had excellent results with a 12inch power acoustic gothic sub in a small sealed enclosure for budget builds, $80-97 bucks a piece @ your local Wal-mart. They're rated @ 1200 rms a piece but I'd say realistically that number is closer to 850-900. They're dirt cheap and perform excellent for the money. I've seen simple single setups and larger builds that run 12 of them. They might be worth considering depending on what you're trying to achieve.

Attachments

• GW-124_01.jpg
    GW-124_01.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 18
  • GW-124_02.jpg
    GW-124_02.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 18
  • GW-124_04.jpg
    GW-124_04.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 18
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...