Need help choosing budget sub for sealed enclosure

Ive been an AB fan for a very long time. Its hard to beat the price on this sub on 500 rms. ABass 6.5s mids are pretty decent for the price also. I think i still have two pair left. Cresendo are very nice

I bought my first AB sub in 2012. A single XFL12. I paired it with a Lightning Audio 1,100 watt amp.

I bought my first AB sub in 2012. A single XFL12. I paired it with a Lightning Audio 1,100 watt amp.
I picked up 4 12s when they first came out and bought some the first VFL hybrid 4480.1s,.Bought two, then ended up with 4 tens and two more 4480.1s,150.4 and a 26801d, and took off from there

I picked up 4 12s when they first came out and bought some the first VFL hybrid 4480.1s,.Bought two, then ended up with 4 tens and two more 4480.1s,150.4 and a 26801d, and took off from there

When is first came out? When I bought the first XFL12 from a brick and mortar which isn't even possible anymore AB didn't even make amps.

lol DS18 yeah no stay away from them.

You want a decent 12" that won't break you? Try the Audio Legion Maxiumus. Audio Legion makes really nice subwoofers

You want a decent 12" that won't break you? Try the Audio Legion Maxiumus. Audio Legion makes really nice subwoofers

What size enclosure would you recommend for this sub?

Honestly idk never done any design stuff. Always had someone else do it. I thin the Gladiators were around 1.5 cubic foot for ported? I can't remember for sure. That is one thing that irks me they took all those specs of the site.

They claim 2 cubic foot for the Armadas but I had my 10" set in around 2.5 iirc and they sounded really good for the price.

edit: they have 2 cubic foot for all 12" they have left. Honestly I would contact a designer and see what they think from what little info is on their site and see what they say.

Made in the exact same China factory as DS18.
:whistle:

I bought 6.5 coax for my rear doors ds 18..
Rated at like 100 rms...smoked a coil on less then 15w...wasn't clipped or distorting 😡

I'm running more power on yellow Pyles in my rear doors just fine 🤣

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...