Need help before i blow another set of P3D2 12's

holy sh*t what a fking mess.

So I'm getting another pair and buying a prefab box with1.9cu.ft. per side. Will that make it louder at lower volume?
Bigger wire gives the amp more power right? Will that make it louder at lower volume too?
NO MORE PREFABS. Build a box yourself, its not that hard. have home depot make the cuts, take it home, glue and screw, buy a cheap 20 dollar jigsaw and drill/screww driver. Cut the holes and viola you are done. The box is absolutely the most important part for you to get loud, dont fk around and buy pre-made garbage. NONE of them are good no matter what they try to advertise.

Save that orion amp for your speakers.

Get a twisted sounds 1.8k and wire to half ohm.

get a 0 gauge ofc kit. yes you need 100% copper.

Stop going with the cobalt series, their amp s*cks balls. Only good orion is the XTR series. Cobalt is as bad as hifonics Cancel that order immediately.

I'm buying the Orion CB5000.1D and wiring my next P3D2's to 2ohms. Supposedly that'll put out 1800 rms.
I ordered that amp originally but the seller on Amazon bait switched and when I asked a sound shop here they told me it would work but the amp would heat up fast. They actually told me 750 rms each was too much for the speakers.
No that audio shop is fking stupid dont ever come to them again.

please watch this video and see why having too much power is a lot better than not having enough power and blowing your sh*t like you did.

P3s are actually efficient subs and arent that bad. Higher RMS does not mean louder at all. It just means thats how much power they need to get loud, how much power they handle. if you had 1200 rms total to a pair of p3s vs two 5000 rms subwoofers, the p3s will be just as loud. Efficiency rating and overall motorforce to moving mass aka how heavy the cone, voice coil and suspension of the subwoofer is what determines a loud sub.

I'm thinking Max $600 if possible. Sounds like I need at least 1k though
more power then you ever need lmao.. But you can get the 1.8k version which is 400.

SSA Store - Twisted Sounds TS2.8KW (TS2.8KW)

And I like the sound of two 12's vs one. The p3's I love the sound, I just need more spl.
PS this is where the big boys shop for car audio. Rockford is considered overpriced baby stuff including the t2 and t3 series.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/categories/subs/shop-by-size/12-subwoofers.html

So called 2.8k amp doing almost 4000 watts on a certified amp dyno.

[video=youtube;6gwD7Or-7Hc]

Next P3's?... you can do much better for less or the same $$$... find a pair of d4 subs... wire to 1 ohm and get a monoblock that puts out at that load... be sure to box/ tune for your music tastes and a couple of 12' s will last as long as you don't clip them or play well below tuning... check C/L for builders in your area... sometimes you'll luck out and get a deal... or build your own... its not THAT hard.

Thanks for the help guys. So I did a little research into the advice that you've given and I think I understand. So the subs blew from clipping. Clipping resulted from substandard wire, at the incorrect gauge, prefab box at unknown tuning, and an amp with no ss filter to remove the lower notes that fall below the threshold of the box to absorb. So turning up the volume was pretty much a death sentence.

That being said, I really have no clue what would be the best way to go as far as a good amp/dual sub/ported box configuration would be for my car. I went Fosgate based on recommendations from people who I thought were experienced in the field.

I listen to pretty much every genre of music (except Country) so I need a setup that can handle pretty much everything else from Hip Hop, to Dubstep, to Rock/Metal/Alternative.

My budget fur subs/amp/box/wire was supposed to be around $600 but I can increase up to $1000 if I need to. But looking at the SSA website, I don't know any of the brands listed there except Orion, RF, and Sundown. So I'm pretty lost right now as far as decision making.

I was looking at 2 of the AB XFL 12's or the Sundown SA 12's mated with the Twisted 1.8k amp.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
sundown and twisted amps are good, twisted is real good does lot more power than rated.. yeah look at fu 750, ab xfl, fi alpha something around that and then get nice box around 2 cf (i think fu would like 1.8cf ad) tuned just acceptable like 35-36hz so plays to 30 hz but gets loud too with good amp with adjustable ss filter.. like jeff said if u get a ported box tuned lower like 32hz (after sub disp) u really don't need ss filter.. if u find all that for say $650-$700 then maybe u could even upgrade sub and amp $100 each before ordering anything.. shop 1st is what i'm saying, trust me u will spend less $..

I like the sound of 2 AB XFL 12" with the TS 1.8k amp.
Out of curiosity, can anyone explain why the Cobalt Series of amps are considered crappy?
well they seem to be testing close to rated power., it's just a lower end china amp (but so is mine) and the xtr and ts are korean boards

Anyone heard the TS subs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i haven't seen anyone that's had 1 yet.. i wondered myself and ask about them 8 months ago cause they sure look nice right? just think since u can get fu 750, cab ultra, xfl and sa for less $ or same peeps just mostly ignor them..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.