Amp shutting off problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jaceybw2

Okay so it's actually my friends system in his 01 f150 ext. Cab 4door but he has a Sony headunit 52x4 not sure on model number he put two 3 way Sony 6x9s in the front those two are still hooked up to head unit then he put 2 4 way 6x9 Sony in back doors those 2 a ran off of an old DEI anp that I used to have could never find anything out about this amp it's a 4 channel then he's got a 750 watt audiopipe 12 dual voice coil one coil is blown so it's unhooked but it's powered by a renegade 1000 watt there is a distribution block in between the two amps and the remote wire is ran from the radio to one amp then jumped across to the other amp and both ground wires are hooked up to the same spot everything was working good for a week or so then he told me the amp that the door speakers are hooked up to keeps going into protection mode but only when the volume gets turned up past 20 and it will also does it when you leave the volume at 15 for a little bit we've checked the ground connection cleaned it fuses are good I forgot to mention the rca cables are ran induvidualy to each amp the other amp never shuts off could anyone help us out thanks

Dam that's a lot of 6x9'!! Any reason behind that? I mean get a few comp sets would sound 10x better.

Anyway, onto the problem/issue. You said you guys check the ground, but how did you check it? Is it bare metal to bare metal? Gain on amp is too high....how was it set? Needs to match HU voltage. Power/ground wires too small for the amp. Whatever the mfgr recommends, us that, if he hasn't. Inadequite air circulation around the amp. Impedance load on amp, can't handle it.

Running 1 coil on a DVC sub is bad news....already bad but now it's just a matter of time before it's completely gone.

turn gain on amp down see if that helps.. if it has 1 set hp filter to like 80hz keep low bass out pf them too., never know could just be a setting or amp just bad.. also if u gonna power a set of speakers should be fronts not rears, we don't even use rear speakers..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.