Need help before i blow another set of P3D2 12's

That's a pretty tall order to get a setup that will be more than you can listen to at half volume... lol... sounds like you best look into around 8k and a sweet set of 15's... (zv5's)... of course it'll be normal after 5-8 months and you'll be looking to upgrade... so you better allocate $1500- $2500 towards your electrical... best get it up to par before you start upgrading... it's NEVER enough... loud at 1/2 volume huh?... I guess that's subjective... what do expect from an under 2k setup?... I wonder
Idk really. The system I just burned was the loudest I've had and it was underpowered and badly wired. I'm thinking like 30% increase would be great.

So I'm going AB TNT 12" they seem to be a nice compromise between crappy and way too expensive. The cab 1600 looks nice but the TS 1.3k seems more reliable. Is the cab worth the 89 bucks I'd save?

Idk really. The system I just burned was the loudest I've had and it was underpowered and badly wired. I'm thinking like 30% increase would be great.
So I'm going AB TNT 12" they seem to be a nice compromise between crappy and way too expensive. The cab 1600 looks nice but the TS 1.3k seems more reliable. Is the cab worth the 89 bucks I'd save?
no get the ts much better amp and does about 1600rms.. also i was just looking at ab subs saw the tnt and came back here to suggest those to u lol.. i had looked at them myself compared to the xd they are much better, should be nice setup with the 1.3k if u get good box..

no get the ts much better amp and does about 1600rms.. also i was just looking at ab subs saw the tnt and came back here to suggest those to u lol.. i had looked at them myself compared to the xd they are much better, should be nice setup with the 1.3k if u get good box..
I'm thinking I might have to go prefab and reinforce it somehow haven't found a box builder in El Paso that knows what tuning at 32hz is.

I found one that's large enough and tuned to 34hz but Idk.

Having trouble finding anyone to help with the big 3 as well. Tackling that next.

I'm thinking I might have to go prefab and reinforce it somehow haven't found a box builder in El Paso that knows what tuning at 32hz is.

Having trouble finding anyone to help with the big 3 as well. Tackling that next.
click this send him a message about this bo tell him u want 1 like this tuned to 31 hz (so after sub disp it'll still be tuned low) tell him your max dimensions u have in car cause u need 2cf per sub on ab's so box will have to be deeper and or wider to make tuning lower and keep cf the about same, now bigger box cost more $ so ask him if he'll give u discount if u don't get carpet or speaker terminals (just drill hole in box for wire it's better connection that way anyway) https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGE-2-DUAL-PORTED-SUBWOOFER-MDF-ENCLOSURE-FOR-SUNDOWN-SA12-SUB-BOX/263177242076?hash=item3d469605dc:g:mQsAAOSwQS1Z6V5K&vxp=mtr

What??!! It's just the length of the port.

Yeah I didn't know that either but I found one that does. They're saying around 200 for the box and they can do the big 3. Looking good lol.
I hope they actually model up the box using your sub's electromechanical parameters and your overall input power or test your vehicle cabin gain. Or else its just gonna be a "imma wing it and guess this sh*t box" claimed to be a custom ported box. There is way more science to getting loud and sounding good then you think.

I hope they actually model up the box using your sub's electromechanical parameters and your overall input power or test your vehicle cabin gain. Or else its just gonna be a "imma wing it and guess this sh*t box" claimed to be a custom ported box. There is way more science to getting loud and sounding good then you think.
Thanks I'll make sure to ask when I have it built.

So after considering everything I'm going with 2 12" American Bass TNT subs wired to 1 ohm, Twisted Sounds 1.3k amp, custom box tuned to 32hz based on vehicle electromechanical parameters, overall power input and cabin gain, 140 amp alternator with the Big 3 upgrade, 0 gauge OFC wire from front to rear Blockshaker 1050 amp battery, distribution block from the battery to both amps: one 0 gauge in to two 4 gauge out. Did I miss anything?

you're supposed to check on your subs when you're beating on em at first., feel the cone temperature, smell for burnt coil, etc. Once you figure out what they can take you can start turning up the gain a little and checking on them. and a good program for making enclosures is JBL speakershop. It literally tells you how to cut your wood to get the desired tuning.

Some subs aren't meant to be beaten on, but my sundown audio e12 IS.

Oh and hand on amp at all times. if it gets hot, immediately turn it off. That's how you set gain //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.