Need help before i blow another set of P3D2 12's

Lewis King

I own an 08 civic coupe. I just blew a set of 2 Fosgate P3D2 12's and trying to figure out why. I wired them to 4ohms and matched them to an Orion Cobalt CB3000.4 bridged to two channels at 750 rms per channel. They're in a ported enclosure 1.4 cu.ft. per side. I used 4 gauge cca wire for power and ground, and a blockshaker 1050 to support the alternator. 8 ga. cca to enclosure.

I'm sure they clipped to death and one actually had the cone separated from the basket. But it wasn't loud enough at mid volumes so, here are my questions;

1. Do I need a bigger box to get louder bass?

2. Do I need bigger, 100% copper wire?

3. What's the true rms of the amp and is it enough?

4. I read a bunch of stuff on how to set gains, but the bass wasn't loud enough so how can get the loudest bass possible without clipping or excursion issues?

Use OFC...CCA imo isn't all that great. More than likely clipped them as you stated. You need to match voltage(gain) on amp to HU. That will prevent clipping subs ever again. Read up on that, hell youtube has plenty of vids for that era. Was the box/enclosure custom built or prefab?

So I'm getting another pair and buying a prefab box with1.9cu.ft. per side. Will that make it louder at lower volume?

Bigger wire gives the amp more power right? Will that make it louder at lower volume too?

So I'm getting another pair and buying a prefab box with1.9cu.ft. per side. Will that make it louder at lower volume?
Bigger wire gives the amp more power right? Will that make it louder at lower volume too?
bigger mono amp gives u headroom set gain low and u wont have to turn everything up high and clip it.. keep volume on hu about 75% of max too.. u don't u let us tell u about some some subs where u can just get 1 sub a good box and amp strong enough to push the 1 sub see box in my avatar?, it's pretty loud to me anyway.. i have a bop guy (on ebay) that can make u a custom 1 like in avatar for like $160 shipped (less if u don't want double baffle or bracing) and u get it in like a week..

I'm buying the Orion CB5000.1D and wiring my next P3D2's to 2ohms. Supposedly that'll put out 1800 rms.

I ordered that amp originally but the seller on Amazon bait switched and when I asked a sound shop here they told me it would work but the amp would heat up fast. They actually told me 750 rms each was too much for the speakers.

I'm buying the Orion CB5000.1D and wiring my next P3D2's to 2ohms. Supposedly that'll put out 1800 rms.
I ordered that amp originally but the seller on Amazon bait switched and when I asked a sound shop here they told me it would work but the amp would heat up fast. They actually told me 750 rms each was too much for the speakers.
ported boxes have a thing called box rise basically subs only get about 1/2 the power u send them so peeps run 2-3 times subs rated power.. look at fu 750 subs and u can probably get better amp than that cb for about same $ especially if u just running 1 sub u just need like 1200rms (maybe at 1ohm) spend more on box and amp less on subs.. here's link to ebay box guy u can email him and he'll do it without carpet or terminal tune lower or higher https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGE-2-PORTED-SUBWOOFER-MDF-ENCLOSURE-FOR-SUNDOWN-SA12-SUB-BOX/263177242776?hash=item3d46960898:g:Dt8AAOSwaSZZ6V4-&vxp=mtr

also look at fi alpha and american bass xfl with about 1k-1500 rms these are subs that maybe louder in right box than 2 p3's.. I FEEL SURE THAT 4 CHANNEL DON'T HAVE SS FILTER., U NEED THAT WITH ALL PREFAB BOXES cause they tuned real high say 45hz and when u play bass below say 40hz thats y subs mess up.. i did that yrs ago with orion xtrs in orion box it was tuned at 50hz amp only had 25hz ss filter which is what orion amps have too so i'd go another way on the amp and subs.. if u think u wanta try 1 good sub let us know we'll show u some amps.. or look at twisted sounds amps on ssa audio.com the 1.3k does over 1500..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.