Need experts advice

Raiderboy2800

Atlanta
What's up guys I can use some help, I'm not sure what to do. I recently purchased an American bass hd15 do and had a custom wave box similar to the base style to the specs of the sub requirements and had it on a ssl evo5000.1 amp loaded to 1 ohm. I figured I'd end up killing the amp. Ended up sounding awesome super loud but after banging for about a month the **** sub blew on me and was bummed the F out!!! Anyhow I started over and ordered a american bass amp ph4000 and another hd15 do but instead they sent me the d1 it's dual 1ohm and the amp is 1 ohm. But both say 1/2 ohm stable. Help me out do I need to get the d2 or should I half ohm this ******. Got a 130 amp alternator and 2 stingers fared caps. Thanks for any info I'm new on here but yell know your **** so help a cracka out

What's up guys I can use some help, I'm not sure what to do. I recently purchased an American bass hd15 do and had a custom wave box similar to the base style to the specs of the sub requirements and had it on a ssl evo5000.1 amp loaded to 1 ohm. I figured I'd end up killing the amp. Ended up sounding awesome super loud but after banging for about a month the **** sub blew on me and was bummed the F out!!! Anyhow I started over and ordered a american bass amp ph4000 and another hd15 do but instead they sent me the d1 it's dual 1ohm and the amp is 1 ohm. But both say 1/2 ohm stable. Help me out do I need to get the d2 or should I half ohm this ******. Got a 130 amp alternator and 2 stingers fared caps. Thanks for any info I'm new on here but yell know your **** so help a cracka out
Sounds like you clipped it to death. What's your voltage at full tilt? And ditch the caps cause they aren't helping you at all. You need very strong electrical to run at .5 and a 130 alt with no back up bank isn't going to cut it.

I had it almost full. What would you suggest I run to it? Would an extra battery be enough?
Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Your amp choices are poor and dirty power all around. You have no upgraded electrical system, caps do nothing to supply your amps with power, ABSOLUTELY nothing. You'll need to learn how to set gains properly. Invest in an oscope or a piezo tweeter.

Also refrain from using "It" be specific in your responses and you'll get better and more thorough responses.

I've been lucky cause I've always tuned by ear until I learned from this forum to do it with DMM. Download a 60hz tone and run it while adjusting voltage / gain. You will need to calculate the voltage. I'm sure you can a thread on here with more details. Works for me and sounds about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your amp choices are poor and dirty power all around. You have no upgraded electrical system, caps do nothing to supply your amps with power, ABSOLUTELY nothing. You'll need to learn how to set gains properly. Invest in an oscope or a piezo tweeter.
Also refrain from using "It" be specific in your responses and you'll get better and more thorough responses.
Yea may be poor choice, obviously I'm asking questions because I need help. I'm not going for anything to win a contest I'm going for my own personal enjoyment. I've had for juggernaut 12 to four zapco amps with 2 yellow optima batteries and a high out stinger amp. I'm not trying to do that I was going for a cheap amp to put out power. I wasn't asking your opinion of the amp and don't give a crap about your help. I was simply asking about the sub if I should send it back or try wiring to half ohm and getting opinions about that. Quit being a hater and trying to make somebody look bad because I know there's far better than you bro. This is why I don't get on these sites because dorks like you

I've been lucky cause I've always tuned by ear until I learned from this forum to do it with DMM. Download a 60hz tone and run it while adjusting voltage / gain. You will need to calculate the voltage. I'm sure you can a thread on here with more details. Works for me and sounds about right.

Thanks I'll look into it

Yea may be poor choice, obviously I'm asking questions because I need help. I'm not going for anything to win a contest I'm going for my own personal enjoyment. I've had for juggernaut 12 to four zapco amps with 2 yellow optima batteries and a high out stinger amp. I'm not trying to do that I was going for a cheap amp to put out power. I wasn't asking your opinion of the amp and don't give a crap about your help. I was simply asking about the sub if I should send it back or try wiring to half ohm and getting opinions about that. Quit being a hater and trying to make somebody look bad because I know there's far better than you bro. This is why I don't get on these sites because dorks like you
If you know exactly what you are doing, you wouldnt be blowing the sub and buying SSL amps. Dirty power causes unecessary heat to the subs and in the long run it kills subs. But i'm SURE you know that. Not my fault you cant stand the internet because your b*tthole is sensitive. I wasnt even being agressive in the first place fuckface

Well my bad and my button hole is sensitive lol. I already knew that the amp wasn't the greatest but thought I'd kill the amp before the sub. Anyhow for the money thought the amp ph4000 would've been decent for the hd d2 but they sent the d1

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

I like the fuckface. Power of the internet

The ph amp is fine. It's not the best. But certainly not the worst. To run it at .5 tho. You'll need a decent electrical which maybe part of why the sub blew. Also if you bought the sub and amp from Amazon or another online dealer it may have been bstock passes off as new

Ordered it from jet.com, I spoke to american bass rep after the ssl amp blew the hd2 and he recommended the ph4000 for the price he said, the ssl is a dirty amp and he already told me all that but then recommend the ph4000 for the hd2 but now they sent hd1. Is there ways to make dirty amp better with a processor maybe idk guess I just gotta send back and get hd2. Hey thanks for everyone's time

He wasn't being aggressive , hes pretty much telling you how it is. Jeffs got a lot of knowledge and if you want to learn just toughen up and take in the education and ball busting if any comes your way. This is good school right here just gotta learn how to take it in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.