Need box ideas.

xmakeafistx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Kenosha, WI
I was going to save up money for a really good sub, but I caved when I saw how cheap this Kicker CVX was going for on craigslist, i'm getting it for 100 dollars.

Anyway, I have no idea what kind of enclosure i'm going to have it in.

I want it to be tuned around 37hz. What do?

Also, how much should this cost? I've never built my own box before, but I don't imagine it being all that hard.

Tube ports seem to be easier, but whatever sounds better i'd be willing to do. What sounds like an appropriate size to you? Remember.. this is going into a jetta 03. A very narrow, but long trunk.

1.75-2.5 cu ft tuned to 35-38 hz with 25-35 in^2 of port. Anywhere in those ranges would be good and hard to discern a difference.

Qts is fairly low at .38 or something and they have a decent motor so it doesn't have to be too big.

^Ryan is right. Give it a good amount of port area.

Basically, find someone to do a design for you. Aeros (round ports) would be the easiest first time around.

1.75-2.5 cu ft tuned to 35-38 hz with 25-35 in^2 of port. Anywhere in those ranges would be good and hard to discern a difference.
Qts is fairly low at .38 or something and they have a decent motor so it doesn't have to be too big.
Agreed, except I'd probably prefer to tune a little lower myself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.