NEED AN AUDIO SET-UP (Willing to pay)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Oooburn
10+ year member

Hello,

I have been trying to learn all about audio systems for the past two weeks, and I have a general idea but I am still in desperate need of help.

I currently have a 2012 Honda Civic Lx, and I need an expert or experienced person who can give me an exact set up that will fit my vehicle and desires.

I want to replace the head unit, speakers (I believe civic takes 6.5"), add a sub, and amp.

The type of music I listen to varies. I listen to Rap, Rock, Classical Rock, and Pop Punk.

Some songs you can look up to see what I want to sound good include Skyway Avenue-We the kings, Tears Dont Fall- The poison, Rooftops- Lost Prophets, Adam's Song - Blink 182, You're Never Over- Eminem. Those are the main type of music I like. Please take the time to actually listen to them because I really want a set up done right.

I want a head unit that is single or double din. I want a system that will allow me to listen to my music loud, strong, has bass, clear, and is overall just EXCELLENT quality.

My budget for the whole system (without labor) is about 1000-1500.

As for the head unit, I heard single units work better for music quality, but if I can get a double din unit that can work just as good then I want it to be DVD enabled. Also, a lot of my music will be coming from my iphone, so preferably a headunit that doesn't distort the music and picks up every beat and sound...also a USB in the front if it is not bluetooth enabled.

i can help ,what size and how many subs also how much power do you want ? $ 1500 is a decent start if you know what your getting .all my equipment is new with full warranty as well shipped to your door.

ok the run down

you'll need and amp ,subs custom box for subs,amp kit ,deck harness,components and an amp for the frt speakers as well

I honestly have no idea. I am assuming 2 subs would be good...but if you think I would need more than do say so //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Idk much about this stuff so idk what you mean by how much power do i want. Im guessing I would want it to have a lot of power though haha. If you could just give me specific products for every one of those things I need (including names or links to the products) that you HONESTLY think would make a great set up...I would be so thankful. I'm as far from being an expert to this stuff as youll get.

mylows, do you REALLY think $220 comps are necessary for a beginner system?

Also, a touch screen HU? He might need a battery depending on what amperage his alt is, especially if he's running a 1500w amp.

they are front comps and rear coax speakers .actually pretty easy to install .tweets should fit in stock locations as well

shouldn't need an extra battery thats why i went with the vfl 100.1 .might be able to find a local to help him install it as well,we have a few members here who live in arizona

220$ isn't that much to be spending on speakers...
That's why I said beginner system. I realize that a good set of comps retails for 400-600 dollars, minimum.

I didn't realize that those CDT's were a set of 4.

Carry on.

Okay thanks man! My only question is that the Pioneer AVH-P2400bt seems to have a heck of a lot more better reviews than the JVC KW-AV50...should I go with the pioneer instead? Also, the speakers? I have never heard of those before (not suprising though haha). Is there a specific model of kickers or pioneer that you think would work better? (disregarding price...im willing to up the amount ill spend on speakers). I just don't want to waste my time. I wanna do this right the first time.

Okay thanks man! My only question is that the Pioneer AVH-P2400bt seems to have a heck of a lot more better reviews than the JVC KW-AV50...should I go with the pioneer instead? Also, the speakers? I have never heard of those before (not suprising though haha). Is there a specific model of kickers or pioneer that you think would work better? (disregarding price...im willing to up the amount ill spend on speakers). I just don't want to waste my time. I wanna do this right the first time.
Kicker and Pioneer make garbage speakers... especially kicker.

I would steer clear of pioneer double dins. They have poor soundquality.

Pioneer double dins are highly functional and fun to use though. Good user interface.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.