Need Advise- Picking a Subwoofer for 2013 Chevy

BigJD1075

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ok guys- any advise will be greatly appreciated as I am driving myself crazy trying to decide-

Truck= 2013 Chevy 1500 Extended Cab

Box= Fox Acoustics 10 inch down firing box. Ported box. Tuned to 36 Hz. 1 Ft3 per sub. Maximum mounting depth is 6.7 inches with maximum magnet width of 6 1/2 inches. (I already have the box so I’m committed to it).

Amp= 600 watts RMS per sub @ 2 ohms (already have the amp; it’s a Kicker 1200.1)
What sub would be best (deep bass). I have narrowed it down to the ones below:
1) DD Audio 2510F (400-800w); 1.25 ft3 optimal
2) DC Audio Lev 2 (600w); 1.00 ft3 optimal
3) SSA GCON (950w); 1.00 - 1.50 ft3 optimal
4) SSA Demon (550w); 0.90 - 1.20 ft3 optimal
5) Alpine Tp R (750w); 1.30 ft3 optimal
6) PSI Platform 1 (750w); 1.00 - 1.35 ft3 optimal
Know of a better sub? Just remember 6.7” max mounting depth and 6 1/2” max magnet diameter. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to be as accurate as I could. Thanks for any help and/or suggestions.

By committing to that awful box you are setting yourself up for failure regardless of what sub you use. Then you will start wasting money by swapping equipment like underwear only to gain nothing. But its your money so feel free to be as foolish as you choose.

By committing to that awful box you are setting yourself up for failure regardless of what sub you use. Then you will start wasting money by swapping equipment like underwear only to gain nothing. But its your money so feel free to be as foolish as you choose.
Not a lot of choice with this particular truck- no room for hardly anything. Thanks for the advise *******

See you in 6 months snowflake. Better drop the attitude and open up to criticism if you want any sort of help. Don't get so butthurt when its not the answer you want to hear.
Not thin skinned- just think you were very rude. I did t ask what the best set up was to win competitions. I could care less about being the loudest and the best. If I wanted the “ultimate system” I would rip the backseat out and put 15s in a custom built box. Regardless of what you say there are a lot of people using this box and are happy with them. Several of these subs I’m asking about lists the optimal size ported box at 1 ft3. I got “butthurt” because I asked what sub would work best in this scenario and was looking for help, not how many SPL contests I could win with it ;). If you don’t want to recommend a sub, move on and have a nice day. I appreciate your input but this is the box I’m using and I’m sure there are subs that sound good in it

Not thin skinned- just think you were very rude. I did t ask what the best set up was to win competitions. I could care less about being the loudest and the best. If I wanted the “ultimate system” I would rip the backseat out and put 15s in a custom built box. Regardless of what you say there are a lot of people using this box and are happy with them. Several of these subs I’m asking about lists the optimal size ported box at 1 ft3. I got “butthurt” because I asked what sub would work best in this scenario and was looking for help, not how many SPL contests I could win with it ;). If you don’t want to recommend a sub, move on and have a nice day. I appreciate your input but this is the box I’m using and I’m sure there are subs that sound good in it
Not trying to start an argument man. I just had an honest question and was told I had a shitty box and I’m foolish for purchasing it. Everyone isn’t blessed with infinite room to have a huge box built. Everyone doesn’t have to have a competition grade system. I just want the best for my situation- have you ever looked under the seat of a Chevy extended cab? My year model is the worst of them all. I’ve been out of the game for years and I just haven’t heard of some of these newer brands and I wanted to try something different besides RF, Kicker. Sony etc. Anyway; I would appreciate the help (within the parameters of my situation) but if not I understand and have a nice day.

Ok guys- any advise will be greatly appreciated as I am driving myself crazy trying to decide-

Truck= 2013 Chevy 1500 Extended Cab

Box= Fox Acoustics 10 inch down firing box. Ported box. Tuned to 36 Hz. 1 Ft3 per sub. Maximum mounting depth is 6.7 inches with maximum magnet width of 6 1/2 inches. (I already have the box so I’m committed to it).

Amp= 600 watts RMS per sub @ 2 ohms (already have the amp; it’s a Kicker 1200.1)
What sub would be best (deep bass). I have narrowed it down to the ones below:
1) DD Audio 2510F (400-800w); 1.25 ft3 optimal
2) DC Audio Lev 2 (600w); 1.00 ft3 optimal
3) SSA GCON (950w); 1.00 - 1.50 ft3 optimal
4) SSA Demon (550w); 0.90 - 1.20 ft3 optimal
5) Alpine Tp R (750w); 1.30 ft3 optimal
6) PSI Platform 1 (750w); 1.00 - 1.35 ft3 optimal
Know of a better sub? Just remember 6.7” max mounting depth and 6 1/2” max magnet diameter. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to be as accurate as I could. Thanks for any help and/or suggestions.
It sounds like the winner here is the ssa demon. It meets most parameters except the tuning frequency (28-33hz). Plus the ad says it is optimized for small enclosures. From what I understand, the tuning frequency helps the the sub from over extending, preventing the the vc from hitting the top of the pole piece and going kaput. Lowering the power may help overcome this. Anyone who knows better please elucidate us.

It sounds like the winner here is the ssa demon. It meets most parameters except the tuning frequency (28-33hz). Plus the ad says it is optimized for small enclosures. From what I understand, the tuning frequency helps the the sub from over extending, preventing the the vc from hitting the top of the pole piece and going kaput. Lowering the power may help overcome this. Anyone who knows better please elucidate us.
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. The area you have to work with in these trucks really ***** but taking out the backseat to accommodate a bigger box/woofer just isn’t an option. I was thinking the Demon was one of my best options as well along with the DC Audio and PSI. I think I will go ahead and narrow it down to these 3 at least. Thanks again!

Sorry that is what I meant to suggest! I am running 2 x 8" W3 now and they sound very good. I don't have experience with the other brands mentioned but I can say that I am very happy with what I have. The SQ is very good and they have a surprising amount of punch for little drivers. Also, they fit in tiny little boxes under my rear seat (Crew Cab F150)

Sorry that is what I meant to suggest! I am running 2 x 8" W3 now and they sound very good. I don't have experience with the other brands mentioned but I can say that I am very happy with what I have. The SQ is very good and they have a surprising amount of punch for little drivers. Also, they fit in tiny little boxes under my rear seat (Crew Cab F150)
Awesome! I honestly was about to pull the trigger on some W3s about a week ago but I had never heard any. The W3s get very good reviews on Crutchfield and similar sites and people who have JL seem to love them. I wanted the W6s but the magnet is more than 6 1/2 inches around (that’s the biggest obstacle to this box; any underseat box for this truck Is the same not just Fox). You have put the W3 back on my radar so thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.