need advise on 2 ohm box wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

crzybob77
10+ year member

If I have 2 SVC subs, and i need to wire them in parallel to a bridged amp, do i just stick 2 speaker wires into each terminal on the amp. Like 2 in the positive and 2 in the negative and the run the wires out to the subs. Cause I have been trying to read how to do this, and this is what I have found out to do. I just want to make sure that it sounds right?

will that diagram you just posted give my amp a 2 ohm load. I have never seen that before. The diagrams on crutchfield and the diagrams on jlaudio.com should 2 speaker wires hooked into one terminal on the amp, or at least I think that is what they are trying to show.

The diagrams are here:

http://www.crutchfield.com/infocenter/car/S-jb5jWQibooz/amplifiers_faq.html

and here:

http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/2svc.html

And, the guy i emailed at crutchfield said to put 2 speaker wires into each terminal. But, i figured that sounded kinda wierd to put 2 speaker wires into one terminal and then feed them out to the sub.

So, just curious, where did you get that diagram. Does everybody else think that diagram that the guy just posted looks like it will make a 2 ohm load on the amp. Cause it sure looked a lot better than sticking 2 speaker wires into one terminal like crutchfield and jlaudio.com say.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Thanks, you all are the ****. Will both subs still be getting the same amount ioif power considering that the speaker wire is running through one before the other. My amp will be 600x1 at 2 ohms, so with this, they will get 300 a piece right. THe power will be distributed evently? Alos, on the subs terminals (lets use positve for an example), there are like 2 places the hook the female connectors on. Now, i know i will have one wire coming from the amp hooked on to it and then another wire hooked to the other one tghat will go to the second sub. There is one that goes out stright and then one that goes off to the side. With this wiring config, does it matter which one i hook the one coming from the amp and which one i use to go oout to the second sub?

Sorry about asking a thousand questions, but i know very little about wiring up subs because all i have now is one 15" SVC, which is about as striaght foward as it gets. OK, i am gonna go with the way the picture that kid posted says. But, i have also seen pictures of parallel wiring where the + and - from the amp go to the same sub and then are wired from that sub to the second sub, as oposed to kid's diagram where the postive from the amp goes to one sub and the negative from the amp goes to the other sub and then are wired to eachother. IS there a difference, to give a visual, here is the pic of the way I am trying to explain:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.