Need advice on proper installation.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Check the amp to see if it has a diagram for the input side that shows positive/negative and possible left and right for each channel. Don't unhook all of the wires just yet.. You want to do this one at a time.. You may not have to do any trial and error at all.. You can disconnect one set of wires on the input side and one set on the output side. Make sure u keep track which one you disconnected from the negative side and positive side and connect to each other accordingly.. If the guy wired everything correctly then it should work with no issues. Try and get a cpl more pics showing the wiring and how the r connected to the amp..

Sent from my DL718M using Tapatalk

Check the amp to see if it has a diagram for the input side that shows positive/negative and possible left and right for each channel. Don't unhook all of the wires just yet.. You want to do this one at a time.. You may not have to do any trial and error at all.. You can disconnect one set of wires on the input side and one set on the output side. Make sure u keep track which one you disconnected from the negative side and positive side and connect to each other accordingly.. If the guy wired everything correctly then it should work with no issues. Try and get a cpl more pics showing the wiring and how the r connected to the amp..
Sent from my DL718M using Tapatalk
Okay, so thanks again, dude- I appreciate all your help, fo' real. I appreciate everyone's help; it's just that djr4x4 provided me with a solution and the know-how to make it actually work! Okay, so I've attached pictures to this message in hopes that if anyone else encounters a similar problem, a google search might bring them here and this thread will help them. Okay, so anyway, like DJR4x4 said, the Speaker Input Wires and the other wires could be rejoined. It wasn't easy. That same manual he posted in this thread is the same one that I found and tried. Anyway, the person who installed my amp was a moron. None of the wires were in their proper position according to the manual. To make matters worse, the Speaker Input Wires weren't hooked up probably. If you reference the pictures, you'll actually see that, idk how, but somehow, the installer shoved them through the amp, and jammed them under the circuit board. Idk how it even worked in the first place, but they were jammed in there. I had to screw the bottom off the amp, find the wires, and then pull so hard that the circuit board actually broke.

While the wires may have been in the right spot on the other side of the amp, who knows, because none of these wires were labeled or correctly installed on the Speaker Input side. So, painstakingly, I had to touch every wire together, in hopes it would produce a sound. Many times, it did, but as I used the fade and balance option, the "front" audio was coming out the "rear" speakers, the left were coming out the right, and et cetera. Many times, I would get two speakers to work, and the other two wouldn't work regardless of the combination. Anyway, the hard part was getting the right wires to touch the right wires. After a couple hours of this, I made all the right corrections, and electrical taped them together (again, as seen in the pictures).

Is it pretty? No, but everything works, and the car sounds exactly the same. Only difference is, whereas, I listened to audio before around the "12-15" dial, I now have to listen to the radio around the "20-23" dial. So it's not as loud, but it virtually sounds the same, and I didn't have to spend a penny to get it up and running again. Thanks so much, and again, I help this thread and pictures will help someone else some day. Thanks everyone! Have a great night.

That installer needs to be fired for doing that.

Just an fyi, using electrical tape is fine but over time and esp in the summertime, that stuff gets rather sticky should you decide to mess with those same wires again and put in an amp. Butt-connectors wuold be better and heat shrink tubing...what the pros use!. But it's not bad...just lettin' ya know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.