Need advice for 2016 Dodge Dart build

Participant count
  • Participant list

JumpinBean23
10+ year member

Looking for some ideas on what direction to go with system upgrade. Looking at speakers, and processing to start. Have sundown sa-10s for sub stage already

Vehicle - 2016 Dodge Dart with 8.4 touchscreen, and 6 speakers. 6x9 in all four doors and 3.5s in dash. Not sure on mounting depth Ive seen anywhere from 2-4 inches so no idea until doors are off. I'll modify things if I have to.

Problems with stock - Just seems to lack output and detail. Bass lacks punch, sounds muddy to me.

Goals - Replace stock speakers, amp all or some, whichever makes the most sense. find a loc or dsp to integrate factory head unit. Get some decent mid bass with warm highs, not a fan of bright. Trying to keep build relatively simple for once...we'll see how that goes.

Question 1 - Looking for a decent processor or loc that wont break the bank and is easy enough to figure out without majoring in astrophysics. I Have never kept a factory head unit so this is new territory for me, and is my biggest obstacle to deal with.

Question 2 - With adding a processor, will it affect how any of the voice commands or bluetooth plays though the speakers? The local "shop" said you cannot amp the doors without losing functionality of things like that. They said all you can really do is replace them, which just didn't sound right, but hey they're the "pros" so to say.

Question 3 - Are there any decent 6x9s and 3.5s that can compare to a decent component set? There are a ton of component options, but I'm curious If I would lose substantial output from switching.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome

thanks

Looking for some ideas on what direction to go with system upgrade. Looking at speakers, and processing to start. Have sundown sa-10s for sub stage already
Vehicle - 2016 Dodge Dart with 8.4 touchscreen, and 6 speakers. 6x9 in all four doors and 3.5s in dash. Not sure on mounting depth Ive seen anywhere from 2-4 inches so no idea until doors are off. I'll modify things if I have to.

Problems with stock - Just seems to lack output and detail. Bass lacks punch, sounds muddy to me.

Goals - Replace stock speakers, amp all or some, whichever makes the most sense. find a loc or dsp to integrate factory head unit. Get some decent mid bass with warm highs, not a fan of bright. Trying to keep build relatively simple for once...we'll see how that goes.

Question 1 - Looking for a decent processor or loc that wont break the bank and is easy enough to figure out without majoring in astrophysics. I Have never kept a factory head unit so this is new territory for me, and is my biggest obstacle to deal with.

Question 2 - With adding a processor, will it affect how any of the voice commands or bluetooth plays though the speakers? The local "shop" said you cannot amp the doors without losing functionality of things like that. They said all you can really do is replace them, which just didn't sound right, but hey they're the "pros" so to say.

Question 3 - Are there any decent 6x9s and 3.5s that can compare to a decent component set? There are a ton of component options, but I'm curious If I would lose substantial output from switching.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome

thanks
One thing that's good to know about dodge setups is that the front speakers and the 3.5s in the dash are tied in together. Best solution is to get components and simply disconnect the dash speakers. Trust me, I've been there

Cdt make a really nice set of 6x9 components I really don't see how a dsp will affect the functions of the car. All the do is make the stock deck sound better and allow amps. I think they just didn't know how to install and set one up. Most aren't easy andctuning can take a whole day alone with that said. Most dsp' are gonna cost &450+ new just a FYI. The easier to use the more exspensive in most cases

Would the tweeter sound ok up in the dash on the cdt, or do they like to be closer to the mid? Could I get away with just using an loc instead of a dsp? I think to keep it simple that might be a better option if it will work. Not to mention I'll save some money that can go to deadener

Would the tweeter sound ok up in the dash on the cdt, or do they like to be closer to the mid? Could I get away with just using an loc instead of a dsp? I think to keep it simple that might be a better option if it will work. Not to mention I'll save some money that can go to deadener
You can put it on the dash. It'll be fine. An lc6i would be a good cheap option

thanks for the advice mylowes10. I actually looked at the lc6i originally, then i started to over-complicate things like I tend to do. Do you have any prices on the cdt component sets you mentioned by chance?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.