need a very solid sub

Very opinion based. If you get any other responses, they will be mostly from brand nut-huggers. You can't have the best of everything you mentioned.

My opinions (which others will disagree with):

Highest powered- DD z series (bought one on Thursday), DC

Good quality sound- Sundown, Tantric, DD

Well built- All brands I am mentioning. Would not recommend anything of poor build quality

Affordable- Soundqubed

These are some brands, look them up and you will find many great options

My budget is like 200 to 300 per sub

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Prolly at least 1000 rms up to 2000

My budget is like 200 to 300 per sub 

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Prolly at least 1000 rms up to 2000
Since you are new, Gonna break it to ya. Higher RMS numbers on a subwoofer does not always mean an overall louder setup. IF you do not have the amp juice to feed those power hungry subwoofers and electrical upgrades to satisfy those current hogging amps, You will most likely destroy your vehicle's electrical charging system along with blowing all your equipment. A fully powered 600 rms subwoofer will outperform a 2000 rms subwoofer thats barely being tickled. Beefier subs = thicker suspension meaning its stiff, takes a lot more power to move them to get sound output.

If you want pair of subs rated for 1000-2000 watts, You'll need a 320+ amp high output alternator, several big AGM batteries and the big 3 upgrade along with a 2k-5k amp

You dont need a lot of power to get loud, a couple of 600 watts rms subs in a proper ported enclosure on proper power will be enough to flex and tear your vehicle apart. EMPHASIS on a proper ported enclosure. Without that, there's no hope for you getting loud.

That being said, If you are willing to get the electrical upgrades and spend high dollar on good amps. I'd recommend getting HDC3 12s from soundqubed since they have their black friday sale going on, they'll have good amps on sale too. Time to shop is soon, Huge sales on high output alts, amps and everything car audio related is comming.

Well I'm putting at least 3 to 5000 watts of power but couldn't I do the big 3 and be done....or is a new alternator really necessary?

12 inches....id go higher but I'm building a party bus so I'll need a few
Op , I'm a dealer and a rep for a few companies. Send me a pm if you like. With what your wanting to do. And I'll put a few packages together for you to choose from , including if needed. Batteries alts amps decks subs components wires ! Everything needed

Well I'm putting at least 3 to 5000 watts of power but couldn't I do the big 3 and be done....or is a new alternator really necessary?
Depends on how big your current alternator is. You'll still need several AGM batteries Around 55 amp hours for every 1000 watts you are running.

5000 watts will need anywhere from a 270-320 amp alt. And 4-6 group 31 batts lots of wire to Now how many subs ? Will lets us know what subs say for instance. If you were to get tantric ld or sundown sa subs. For 5000 watts you'll need 6-8 subs for that power. But if you were to use. Say dc lvl 4 or tantric hd or ascendant havocs. For that power you'll need 3-4 subs only.

We all wish we could just big 3 and "be done" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Big 3 is for 1000 watts, anything above that youll NEED high output alt and batteries.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.