Which subs should I go with for Reggae?

Participant count
  • Participant list

tallnlow

I have a 02 Bagged and Body Dropped Chevy Tahoe, all I need is to work on my stereo now. I have the highs and mids figured out but I need help. First off, I listen to A LOT of Reggae, Mainly Reggae. I do listen to hip hop but reggae most of the time. I'm looking for a loud, clean, quality subwoofer setup that will still hit its lows pretty well. I was thinking 3 JL 10W3V3-4 in the back. But its going to be a show truck and i might be building a custom center console from the dash to the back seats. Its a 4 seater, captain seats front and back. I was thinking,(everything JL W3's) how would 1 8" right under the dash facing me, and another 8" facing the back seats, and 2 10" in back would sound? So 2 8" and 2 10". I was thinking of only going with 2 12"s at first. But in my previous S10, i had 3 12" JL W0 and it was loud and hit lows pretty okay but it missed a lot of bass notes. So now I'm aiming for loudness and sound quality. Is their any suggestions you guys can recommend for me? Also what amps should i use? Also i'm planning on building a sealed box.

Thanks,

Vic

Then its not the quality of the sub thats in question, its the positioning of the woofer and the design of the enclosure that was giving you the trouble.
It was a sealed box, I don't remember the specs. The subs where down firing. Do you think I could do 12s but with the right enclosure? I'm not the smartest with stereos, but I'm learning.

It was a sealed box, I don't remember the specs. The subs where down firing. Do you think I could do 12s but with the right enclosure? I'm not the smartest with stereos, but I'm learning.
yes a proper ported enclosure built for sound quality and fast responsive bass will make a huge difference. If you build your own enclosures, just pay for a design and cutsheet, well worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.