need a system, thinking about a carputer

Participant count
  • Participant list

vader3120

Another Boosted Altima
I havent had a system in years, i have been busy with performance and what not.

Im leaning more towards a carputer so that i have the ability to tune and view diagnostics as well, but i really dont want to have to buy a HU either, and after reading through some of the carputer 101 (i only made through the first 10 pages so far) and it seems that the sound quality just isn't as good without the HU.

I dont care for video/gaming at all, but having a decent size screen would be nice, and would prob like a wireless port for keyboard.

After the carputer, i would install 2 sets of components sharing a single amp, and then 1 sub on its own amp. Im also thinking that a cap might be needed to insure the carputer doesnt go off.

Any suggestions or advice would be cool, and i will finish reading the 38 or 39 pages of carputer 101.

Thanks guys.

Do the Carputer, they are completely worth the work. I actually enjoy a project more than just installing pieces that drop in pre-made slots and such anyway. It makes it feel more custom and worthwhile.

As for some of your comments. A Carputer absolutely can meet and easily surpass the sound quality of the most expensive head unit you can buy. If you buy a decent sound card and research digital tuning you will realize that just about anything can be done with a CarPC in terms of tweaking your sound. In my car for example I have fully active digital crossover, time delay, and equalization controls right on the touchscreen. Even more is possible with the proper hardware and knowledge.

A capacitor is definitely not necessary either. Just buy a power supply designed for automotive use. OPUS makes many models, up to I believe 320W, that all run DC-DC current, and use a remote wire to control their integrated startup/shutdown controller.

Talk to megalomaniac or me with questions about carpcs, or like somebody else posted, mp3car.com is the place for information.

AIM : spoon1487

MSN : spoonraker@hotmail.com (also email)

thanks for the quick replys guys i appreciate it, and i have started to look at mp3car.com, but only at their products, i have joined their forums yet. I was a member here for years but havent been here in a long time and had to start a new name because its been so long, so i figured i would ask here first.

Ill finish reading the 101 thread, and read through some peoples builds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.