Need a single sub for my 98 Camaro. Help me please.

ls1ya

I'm looking for a single sub for my Camaro. I listen to mostly Rap, HipHop, and Dancehall so I want a serious deep hitter. And I want to be loud and want to give off that, "I hear and I feel it but where is it?" Feeling from a block away or more. I'm thinking I'm asking to much. I've had 2 12" CVR kickers back there and thought about moving to two 15" L7 but I'm sure theres something else out there besides the L7 that everybody in the hood has. Can you guys point me in a direction on what I should be looking for. Thanx.

Budget for the sub is looking like $350-400. No amp yet. I have been looking at the ssa xcon, L7 kickers, but other than that I don't know what brands are good for subs. If we were talking bout pistons I could name four great ones to start. Just give me some sort of direction. And I'm willing to do a custom enclosure weather it be in hatch or where the backseats were.

If you're willing to lose your backseat, a pair of 15's would probably work. Somethin like Audioque HDCs would be really loud..but remeber when running higher power subs you're going to need to upgrade your electrical system also to support an amp to run them.

I know I need to upgrade the electrical. I'll upgraded the Big 3, high performance alternator, a capacitor and optima battery. I'm willing to lose the backseat as its already gone. I would use the backseat for the amps and extras but I want the sub in the sunken part of the hatch. I just want a single sub as I pretty sure it'll get the job done in a camaro, plus I don't want the added weight of 2 15" subs.

I know I need to upgrade the electrical. I'll upgraded the Big 3, high performance alternator, a capacitor and optima battery. I'm willing to lose the backseat as its already gone. I would use the backseat for the amps and extras but I want the sub in the sunken part of the hatch. I just want a single sub as I pretty sure it'll get the job done in a camaro, plus I don't want the added weight of 2 15" subs.
Sundown Audio Zv3 15" (or 18") on 1500-2k watts would do nicely. The 18" only requires around 4 cubic feet according to their website. thats around the size of an average 15" enclosure!

I went to the Audio district here in Downtown L.A. today. It was a humorous trip. I wanted to take a look at some subs to see what was out there. No matter what store I went to they were trying to push the Kicker L7, a Cerwin

vega, and Jl Audio in that order. They had no Sound Solutions, Sundown, or Audioque. As I went from store to store the salespeople, who knew nothing, laughed. They said those must be cheap subs or that they have never heard of them. After about 10 shops I ran into a guy who finally new something, he said they don't carry them downtown. But he did suggest an Orion HCCa4 or pioneer ts w5120spl. Any thoughts on those two. Keep in mind I only want 1 sub.

i have a cadence beastmaster 15 1500rms d2 5000 peak on burps. It was made entirely in the us before everyone went Chinese. Its brand new and when it came out it was a 699 dollar, 2 of these badboys have burped 165-170's

200 shipped in or box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.