DC lvl 5 or xl?

bassin'96
10+ year member

Hi so i'm planning on getting one of these DC audio 12's on preferrably a dc 2k amp. and I have a box design to the dimensions of 14x24x16. and with a 4" or 6" aeroport. this box gives me roughly 2 cubic feet at 34hz with as properly sized port length.

Now my questions: which would be loudest on this kind if power the 5 or XL? and the prices? along with any electrical modifications? and would that be an appropriate box? any and all advice would be great!

ok so if i down sized it .2 cubes or so it be louder? or would it be more musical as is? i still want lows but i also want something that can play day to day pretty good

alright. i'd like to thank you for being so patient and helpful, and one final question, what do you estimate this could meter at? i was thinking about going to competitions

alright, cause in the future i'd planon getting another one, could i use the 1.2k and wire it to like .8 ohms with the .7 ohm coils? would tht be efficient adn well put less strain on my alternator? i really dont wanna do that at this point

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bassin'96

10+ year member
bassin'96
Wisconsin
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from