Need a Little Help..

Participant count
  • Participant list

ClemonsD465
10+ year member

If someone could help out here, it would be appriciated.

Kind of new too this, this is what I have so far.

Vehicle-1986 Chevrolet Silverado 2 Door, regular cab.

1 12' JL Audio Sub

1 600watt PPI Amp

2 6' Infiniti Speakers

1 Pioneer Head Unit

I need to replace the speakers in the dash, would like to get another Sub, 12, 10, or 8. Would need another amp to power the sub. I also need Tweeters if anyone has any suggestions it would be great.

I can fit anything from 4 x 10 perfectly to Adapter Required for 4", 4 x 6, 3 1/2".

I also thought about putting 6 x 9, in the doors. If anyone has suggestions for me, they would be welcomed.

In a regular cab truck I would just go with a nice coax 2 way or a nice set of components in the kicks or in the doors. That single 12 you have will work or get another one like it. Mixing up subs can give less than desired results. If you are set on putting something in the dash go with a 4 inch set and use inline filters (capacitors) to keep the lower freqs off of them. Use the two channel that you have now and get another to go with it. Or sell it and buy one amp to run everything since there isn't alot of space in a regular cab.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.