Need a little help wiring my amp and subs!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hav0c_RC

Hey guys! First post here so go easy please!

Alright so here's my setup. I currently have 2 Alpine SWR-10D2 that I built a custom box for them to fit into my dodge charger.

Here's my problem. I only have one amp rated for 1000w rms. It's the Alpine PDX 1.1000 .

Okay before you guys roast me I know it's not capable of running both subs to the max. So here are the questions.

1) Can I run both subs off the one amp at half power? (500 for both), or would it sound better if I just did the one sub for now till I can buy another amp?

2) If I did run dual subs, how would I wire them? My amp has two outputs on the backside but it says it's only a mono output.

3) When should I start considering a new alternator and capacitor? Is that one sub gonna wreck my current alternator?

Thanks guys!

Alright so here's my setup. I currently have 2 Alpine SWR-10D2 that I built a custom box for them to fit into my dodge charger.

Here's my problem. I only have one amp rated for 1000w rms. It's the Alpine PDX 1.1000 .

Okay before you guys roast me I know it's not capable of running both subs to the max. So here are the questions.

1) Can I run both subs off the one amp at half power? (500 for both), or would it sound better if I just did the one sub for now till I can buy another amp?

2) If I did run dual subs, how would I wire them? My amp has two outputs on the backside but it says it's only a mono output.

3) When should I start considering a new alternator and capacitor? Is that one sub gonna wreck my current alternator?

Thanks guys!
Electrical should be your first priority.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!
may not need any extra wire (caps ****) right now as long as u have at least 4 ga (bigger is better) it's a 1 channel amp it has outputs for 2 subs for easy connection.. i didn't look amp up, if i does 1krms at 1 ohm u can only run 1 sub wired to 1 ohm.. if it does 1krms at 2ohm wire each sub to 4 ohm and amp will see 2 ohm load but my guess is u got wrong vc subs.. if u run 1 of those subs each off 2 amps u will need big 3 wires under hood and 0 ga wire..

https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=22#results

You can wire both those subs at a 2 ohm final load.It will be just fine.Amp should run a bit cooler as well.Ive ran at 2 ohm mono load and sounded and performed just fine and got nasty when needed with decent power and a decent built and tuned enclosure.Just be sure to wire to a 2 ohm load for those subs and amp and not at a 1/2(0.50) ohm load or you will fry that amp and possibly a sub or two.I like running at 2 ohms mono quite a bit.Most cases its less draw and a bit easier on the electrical than running at 1ohm load and less

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.