Need a little advice on subwoofers designed for smaller enclosures.

CalBass86

Texas
Well first off I own a 04 Mustang. So you know it's hard to fit anything in that trunk. I can fit two 12's in individual boxes in there however the boxes themselves aren't to big and sealed at that. I need advice on 12 inch subwoofers that work well in small enclosures. I was looking at the Pioneer TS-W3002D4. They claim to be designed for small spaces. Any input or suggestions?

Rather than stuffing two 12s in small sealed boxes I would consider two 10s or even 8s that could be run ported.

And generally speaking, subs with a high EBP (above 50) do well in small ported boxes while subs with a low EBP (below 50) do better in sealed boxes.

EBP is derived by dividing the driver's Fs by its Qes.

Rather than stuffing two 12s in small sealed boxes I would consider two 10s or even 8s that could be run ported.
And generally speaking, subs with a high EBP (above 50) do well in small ported boxes while subs with a low EBP (below 50) do better in sealed boxes.

EBP is derived by dividing the driver's Fs by its Qes.
Do you think a ported box for two 10's would fit in the trunk of a mustang?

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Do 1 Polk audio 15...only needs 1.5 sealed.
Which polk audio were you talking about?

Look into the SSA DCON. They have great specs for small ported enclosures if you want to get some extra bass over what you already have without a much bigger box. You could probably even do 12's if you went with some aeroports, seriously. SQ will still be great because they have such a low Q it won't get boomy or bad sounding, just nice and smooth and low lol. What's the biggest external dimensions you can fit?

currently got a 10w6 running in .75 and sounds damm good... or look at ssa subs.... I hate to recommend jl cause they are price gougers... if you can get em used for a decent price good subs.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.