DC lvl4 M1 10s

Participant count
  • Participant list

SMS
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MA
what can you tell me about a M1 lvl4 with a lvl5 coil? how much power would they take, are they a decent spl and dailly sub? are recone parts hard to get and not overly exspensive?

Do they really need a small ported box- was thinking 3 cubes on a AQ3500 with 15sqin port.

Would the lvl4 motor have enough balls to work the lvl5 recone?

lots of questions, i know

Thanks for any help

I have a m2 lvl4 with lvl4 parts on a saz1500v3, it loves it. as long as the box is built properly and you set the gains correctly you should be fine. My 12 is in 1.5cuft @32hrtz, the lows are almost orgasmic. Some will say to go a little smaller on the enclosure if you plan to run the max/slightly above max, that's rms max, to the sub.

Ok first off the lvl 4 can't use a lvl 5 coil. The lvl 5 coil is 3.5" coil. The lvl 4 is 3". It's a xl coil or upgrade. They can take about 1600 rms daily if this is what you have. The m2 motor is stronger. Also the 1.5 per sub box. Might be too much. Try 1.25 at most

Ok first off the lvl 4 can't use a lvl 5 coil. The lvl 5 coil is 3.5" coil. The lvl 4 is 3". It's a xl coil or upgrade. They can take about 1600 rms daily if this is what you have. The m2 motor is stronger. Also the 1.5 per sub box. Might be too much. Try 1.25 at most
OK, so they must have XL recones. how hard is it to get recones for them now? must you go thru DC? what do they cost?

Thank you

You can still get the recones they are about 160 each shipped plus what ever upgrades you want. You can go thru me. , or dc direct. Or You can get you some custom made ones

DC Audio - Specifications

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.