Need 4 AWG wiring kit recommendation

Participant count
  • Participant list

Terrum
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Recruit
I have a Stinger SPP1200 and a stock 90A alternator. My amp is a Rockford R750-1D. The amp recommends a 100A fuse, my current fuse is 85A.

The only wiring kit I can find which has a 100A fuse is the Rockford Fosgate RFK4: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351831354087

I don't necessarily need a full wiring kit though. I have plenty of quality speaker wire, RCA and remote wire. I just need a high quality pre-terminated (on one end) 4 AWG fully copper (not tinned) power & ground cable, and a 100A fuse.

Can anyone recommend me anything or should I go for the Rockford one? For any recommendations UK is preferred but can import if need be.

Last edited:
Why pre terminated? No access to a crimper or solder and a torch? Just get some 4 gauge welding cable.
Pre-terminated is more convenient I guess, and if it's done at the factory I trust that more than doing it myself :cool: (But honestly no, I don't have access to any tools of that sort unfortunately).

If I'm getting unbranded welding cable locally, what advice would you be able to give to look for good quality copper (not tinned)? Anything I should look for in particular?

Still wondering if the Rockford one I linked is fine or not, though.

Silver tinned OFC wire is always better IMO. More corrosion resistant. I don't think there is such thing as bad quality welding cable. It's all basically the same. Welding cable can handle more amperage since it uses thicker wire strands but its not as flexible as car audio wire.

I would guess a shop that carries welding cable would be able to crimp ring terminals on for you.

The rockford fosgate kit is fine. Just insanely expensive for what it is.

Idk that Execelene I bought in 1/0 was damn flexible for over 1K in strands. Used that kind of stuff before and sticking with it over OFC since we can get it cheaper.

Rockford Fosgate kits are decent and not cheapo stuff like Soundbox or other chinese garbage like the neighbor of mine uses and then wonders why he has to change it out every couple years,lol. And yeah you pay for the RF name. Has to be something over in the UK that is just as good for cheaper. Amazon over there should carry Sky High or something like that.

Silver tinned OFC wire is always better IMO. More corrosion resistant.
Would you know if the Rockford one is silver tinned or pure? I know it shouldn't really be good practice to assume quality by price, but I would assume that if I go for a good brand, it should be good quality, right? :unsure:

I have far cheaper options that are either unbranded https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302992471578 or Ground Zero https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263377391125 but with there being so many different brands and so many different prices it's difficult for me to tell what's good quality or not. My setup is in the OP, I just need cables and a fuse that will suit those specs and offer the best connection etc - I don't want to skimp on quality :) I want to make sure the handling and amps of the cables themselves are sufficient as well.

Welding cable can handle more amperage since it uses thicker wire strands but its not as flexible as car audio wire.
I'll definitely need flexible wire.

I would guess a shop that carries welding cable would be able to crimp ring terminals on for you.
Unfortunately we don't get that luxury here in the UK, at least not me anyway. Most retailers here wouldn't even sell welding cable, let alone crimp them for us. Closest I'd probably have to that luxury would be a garage - and they'd probably charge me out the nose for it :geek:

Amazon over there should carry Sky High or something like that.
I could always import this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291550278589 :p

That Sky High you listed is CCA you want OFC which is a lot better and will last longer. Everything you listed in the last response is CCA. Spend the money and get OFC you will be much happier in the long run.

Both decent kits and OFC Wire.

Both decent kits and OFC Wire.
Very interested in the Stinger one. Only problem is that it's a 150A fuse instead of a 100A one. I could probably replace it.

I'll be going for the Stinger one more than likely unless anyone else has any other suggestions before then :)

Thanks a bunch for all the responses so far, truly is appreciated!

Only thing I don't like about the Stinger is that it has the round fuses and most of us now use a ANL or Mini-ANL fuse these days as getting them seems to be easier and tbh better quality but it will work just fine.

Between the two if I had the money I would do the Install Gear but for what you are running both will work. Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...