Nearly no excursion on Zv.4 15" More power or bigger box?

When we say this sub can handle a 4k, its automatically implied that its 4k before rise, after rise and on music, it still might not even be close to 1.5k. Op is not competing nor did he ever say he was. On music the sub sees a lot less power than a burp. I though we were past this mindless nitpicking. We all know how the daily game works with rise. right now ops box is sub-optimal for the power he is using, it needs to be a lot bigger or he needs to add more lower.

When we say this sub can handle a 4k, its automatically implied that its 4k before rise, after rise and on music, it still might not even be close to 1.5k. Op is not competing nor did he ever say he was. On music the sub sees a lot less power than a burp. I though we were past this mindless nitpicking. We all know how the daily game works with rise. right now ops box is sub-optimal for the power he is using, it needs to be a lot bigger or he needs to add more lower.
That's what I'm saying homie. OP can add more power and then hispl comes and says no way it will blow up.we talking about daily on music.

That's what I'm saying homie. OP can add more power and then hispl comes and says no way it will blow up.we talking about daily on music.
He didn't say he could not. He is talking CLAMPED power. In all reality do you know if OP knows enough to safely add more power?

Bro hispl said do not put a 4,000 watt amp on a zv4 because it won't last and blow up.
Did I say that? Where?

A zv4 will take a 4k amp all day. Just don't play 50hz-100hz sine wave for 3 mins full tilt and u will be good. It's not rocket sci. Idk why he even came in here with that sine wave crap. Who does that.
Refer back to the songs I posted, buy a bass test CD download some of that bass boosted music, etc. etc. I repeat. Sine wave for 3 minutes straight is some people's definition of music.... sine wave for 45 minutes is your average Young Jeezy CD. Do you ever go to any car audio shows? More than half the people pick songs where the bass line is a clipped sine wave and play them for minutes on end.

You keep doing that.Doesn't mean your subs are seeing close to that much power.

Thank you.

Whatever. I'll keep running my crossfire 8k at .5ohm to a pair of 3" coil woofers and they will be fine daily. And all my friends will keep running 7500watt amps to pairs of zv4 daily at .5ohm and be fine. U can drive around playing 50hz tones if you want to.

And you probably believe you're getting 16KW out of your two amps with only 4 batteries between them. This is really hopeless.

Did I say that? Where?

Refer back to the songs I posted, buy a bass test CD download some of that bass boosted music, etc. etc. I repeat. Sine wave for 3 minutes straight is some people's definition of music.... sine wave for 45 minutes is your average Young Jeezy CD. Do you ever go to any car audio shows? More than half the people pick songs where the bass line is a clipped sine wave and play them for minutes on end.

Thank you.

And you probably believe you're getting 16KW out of your two amps with only 4 batteries between them. This is really hopeless.
No I get 16,000watts out of one amp because it's 8k rms and 16,000max... Ha just kidding but I will clamp my amps once my new wall is complete and report back.

Please post up the graph you took of OP's impedance plot or your clamp numbers of power he is getting between 20 and 80hz. I'm sure you also know what he listens to for music, and how hard he likes to push things when he plays.

Or if you don't have the details you're just talking out your arse supposing that he could double up on power and not break something.

Furthermore, let's just say OP runs out and drops 900$ on a 4KW amp, 600$ on electrical upgrades to support it what do you reckon he will gain real world? 2.5dB? Are YOU going to guarantee he won't break the sub if he owns a 4K amp and are you willing to buy him recones?

No I get 16,000watts out of one amp because it's 8k rms and 16,000max... Ha just kidding but I will clamp my amps once my new wall is complete and report back.
You seem to have money for nice toys. Buy yourself one of these :

Dayton Audio DATS V2 Audio Test System

Very good tool to see impedance at different frequencies so you can get an idea what your amp is trying to do at any given frequency.... also can pull TS parameters from speakers.

Op as mentioned earlier, you need to turn your box around. Your box is not even sealed off from the trunk. Your bass should be louder when you do

He didn't say he could not. He is talking CLAMPED power. In all reality do you know if OP knows enough to safely add more power?
More power is an option, but an H/O Alternator comes first if I go that route. And I'd rather get the most out of the power I have available now. The stock alternator is maxed, I've bumped the idle RPM as high as I can and without distortion voltage is, acceptable..

More power is an option, but an H/O Alternator comes first if I go that route. And I'd rather get the most out of the power I have available now. The stock alternator is maxed, I've bumped the idle RPM as high as I can and without distortion voltage is, acceptable..
You have enough power, I would think the stock alt is way past tapped out, that amp can get over 2500 at .5 and efficiency is way low at .5.. If your voltage is god as in over 13 at least you are getting a lot of rise.

The shop Altimate automotive by my house has dats woofer tester.
The old name for pretty much the same unit. Put that on your subs in the box/wall and run the impedance sweep and see what impedance your amps actually see at the frequencies you use.

Have you attempted to fire the box back or up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.