Nearly no excursion on Zv.4 15" More power or bigger box?

timma100
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
[quote name='timma100']I've got a Zv.4 15" with a Ti basket on a BC2000D at .5 ohm. Here is the box i've got it in, 4 CU ft Custom Vented 15" MDF Car Audio Sub Woofer Box Enclosure Tuned 32Hz | eBay

I know its not perfect but its all I could get my hands on. I'm looking to get the Z moving more air, considering a new box, or perhaps getting it re-coned with a softer spider by SPL audio... Looking for any input, thanks!![/QUOTE]

At that price man, hit up @CSCStang up for a proper box. Box does not have enough port area. Also 2000 watts barely tickles the sub. Most people run 4k amps to a single zv4.

Have a better box designed. Power should be plenty. I would hope it's enough. Keep in mind that Ti basket is not the same so you can not expect the same.

This is why I despise custom subs. Throwing random parts together, forget what the original designer thought.

Had my zv4 on a CT1400.1 lol It laughed then a CT2200.1 it sounded much better after that. But it could take more.

Sundown woofers are honestly rated. These "ZOMG this can handle 4KW" threads are freaking stupid. I can assure you that a true 2KW amp can definitely burn up the Zv4 coil.

OP, what precisely is the problem, are you lacking output? Pics of the sub in the box in your car?

Sundown woofers are honestly rated. These "ZOMG this can handle 4KW" threads are freaking stupid. I can assure you that a true 2KW amp can definitely burn up the Zv4 coil.
OP, what precisely is the problem, are you lacking output? Pics of the sub in the box in your car?
Blasphemy.

Jake should come out with a safe rms rating and an experienced rms rating
They should be rated at 3k lol
Think/thought he made a thread awhile back about this.....but not entirely sure. CACO would be the place to look.

Of course the 1750 rms power rating is under rated. Rather have that than over rated.

oh really

Omg a Honda flexing. You can do better than that. He's talking clamped power not rated RMS
who said anything about rated rms, or a honda flexing. neither was mentioned. Myjaja ran his zv4s on two 3500 v2s at .5

b2c97f81c2b23ccd5064bd703b61b191.png

there you go again, running your mouth about shit you don't know

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.