Nearly no excursion on Zv.4 15" More power or bigger box?

Bro who drives around and plays a 50hz sine wave? I don't even really like bass above 40hz lmao. We talking about daily. The zv4 will handle a 4k amp.

Oh well because you don't listen to anything above 40hz that means it doesn't exist.

Seriously though, as far as "music" that's pretty much 50hz sine wave:

See above. That application may well be someone's lineup in their iPod and for all you know 50hz is the sweet spot in their install where the amp actually sees nominal impedance.

In any event, you guys should quit giving bad advice unless YOU are a retailer and plan to replace or refund for products damaged by somebody throwing double rated power at a woofer. As I said the ratings they use should be considered indestructible, and I completely agree that rating any other way is less than honest.

Oh well because you don't listen to anything above 40hz that means it doesn't exist.
Seriously though, as far as "music" that's pretty much 50hz sine wave:

Did u not read what jacob posted? The zv4 v2 is rated 2,000watts. Jacob said put double the power to it and will be safe. That would be a 4000watt amp so the woofer should be fine doing 50hz 2,000watts CLEAN POWER.

Did u not read what jacob posted? The zv4 v2 is rated 2,000watts. Jacob said put double the power to it and will be safe. That would be a 4000watt amp so the woofer should be fine doing 50hz 2,000watts CLEAN POWER.
He did not say "put double the power to it and it'll be safe". That's what YOU are saying. It's wrong, it's bad information, and it's not doing anybody any favors when some ******* starts breaking equipment following your advice.

He said that usually people aren't getting more than half rated power from their amps (depending on their install, listening habits and music preference I'd say it is probably closer to 10%). I repeat it does not mean that some nitwit won't own a 2000W amp and actually deliver 2000W sine wave into that sub for long enough to hurt it, and this is why they rate things at a point where they should be considered nearly indestructible barring manufacturer defects.

Are you soft in the head or just such a fanboy that you can't accept that there is a limit on what a Sundown product can do so you're just jumping on the offensive to argue for the sake of arguing?

He did not say "put double the power to it and it'll be safe". That's what YOU are saying. It's wrong, it's bad information, and it's not doing anybody any favors when some ******* starts breaking equipment following your advice.
He said that usually people aren't getting more than half rated power from their amps (depending on their install, listening habits and music preference I'd say it is probably closer to 10%). I repeat it does not mean that some nitwit won't own a 2000W amp and actually deliver 2000W sine wave into that sub for long enough to hurt it, and this is why they rate things at a point where they should be considered nearly indestructible barring manufacturer defects.

Are you soft in the head or just such a fanboy that you can't accept that there is a limit on what a Sundown product can do so you're just jumping on the offensive to argue for the sake of arguing?
Whatever. I'll keep running my crossfire 8k at .5ohm to a pair of 3" coil woofers and they will be fine daily.

And all my friends will keep running 7500watt amps to pairs of zv4 daily at .5ohm and be fine. U can drive around playing 50hz tones if you want to.

Whatever. I'll keep running my crossfire 8k at .5ohm to a pair of 3" coil woofers and they will be fine daily. And all my friends will keep running 7500watt amps to pairs of zv4 daily at .5ohm and be fine. U can drive around playing 50hz tones if you want to.
You keep doing that.

Doesn't mean your subs are seeing close to that much power.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

HiSpls knows what he's talking about.

You keep doing that.Doesn't mean your subs are seeing close to that much power.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

HiSpls knows what he's talking about.
Bro hispl said do not put a 4,000 watt amp on a zv4 because it won't last and blow up. A zv4 will take a 4k amp all day. Just don't play 50hz-100hz sine wave for 3 mins full tilt and u will be good. It's not rocket sci. Idk why he even came in here with that sine wave crap. Who does that.

If you were really getting 4000 watts to it then it wouldn't last very long.

If you were really sending full power from your 8k at .5 ohm on your pair of 3" coils, they wouldn't last long.

Bro hispl said do not put a 4,000 watt amp on a zv4 because it won't last and blow up. A zv4 will take a 4k amp all day. Just don't play 50hz-100hz sine wave for 3 mins full tilt and u will be good. It's not rocket sci. Idk why he even came in here with that sine wave crap. Who does that.
Um that's how they are rated. And its not just 50hz. Send clamped power no matter the frequency. DD, Fi, Tantric, ect all rate the same way.. Any good 1500 watt sub will do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.