2 RE SXXv2s reading .2 on digital clamp multimeter

Participant count
  • Participant list

eenyuheye8o8
10+ year member

i bought 2 new dual 2 ohm RE SXXv2s and i never thought to check each voice coil to see if they were blown or if something was wrong. Built a box and got the subs wired Positive to positive to box out and negative to negative to box box out. Dual chamber. So 4 terminals out. i checked the resistance on those and it was ready .5 on each one. i was a little confused then wired them to the amp and ended with .2 i was wondering if this is normal or o just so happened to pick up dual 1 ohm speakers which they made on accident or did i wire something wrong. i didnt check internally yet but will in the morning.

I guess RE now sells dual 1 ohm subs but its not marked correctly on the box. I bought these brand new from an RE dealer here on Oahu.

20150615_173014.jpg

20150615_173057.jpg

20150615_182148.jpg

20150615_182210.jpg

Yah. I posted pics of the sub. The stickers say dual 2 ohm when it really is dual 1ohm I guess RE just labeled the sub wrong or something

Interesting...and possible. If you can, check subs impedance with another DMM....just for a 2nd check. They should read 1.8, just below 2 ohms each.

And if they are truly 1 ohm, you can return them and get the right ohm subs you want....if you can.

Interesting...and possible. If you can, check subs impedance with another DMM....just for a 2nd check. They should read 1.8, just below 2 ohms each.
And if they are truly 1 ohm, you can return them and get the right ohm subs you want....if you can.
I tried 2 separate DMMs. And still came out to .8 to each and even if it may have been 1.8 I wouldn't get .2 final I tried taking out the wire from the amp and still came out to .2

I tried 2 separate DMMs. And still came out to .8 to each and even if it may have been 1.8 I wouldn't get .2 final I tried taking out the wire from the amp and still came out to .2
Do the sub exchange and get the ones you want.

Let the place know the mfgr messed up the sticker placements on the subs, and it's not on them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.