My Tentative Setup – I’d Like Some Input

Wonderful suggestions. Thank you.
Front speakers: I was considering that if I get rid of the rear fill, I might pay the extra $50 and get the CDT HD-62CF components. Is the upgrade worth it, or will the difference be negligible?

Front amp: I have a question. You pointed me to an 80W amp instead of a 100W one (the CL-61a’s were rated at 90W, right in the middle). Obviously, I neither want to underpower or overpower them, but when the difference between the speakers’ power rating and the power I’d be giving them is so small, should I opt for a little above the rating or a little below? The HD-62CF are rated at 130W RMS, and I’m looking at either the Profile CL400 (100W x 2) or CL600 (150W x 2) to power them.

Rear fill: If I have none, will the passengers in the back seat be at a disadvantage? Will the lack of speakers in their doors sound strange to them? Is everyone here without rear speakers?

Sub: Thank you for the confidence. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sub amp: That looks very nice. I think I’ll be getting it instead of the Fosgate.

Will this system sound blanaced? One 8” sub under the front passenger seat, and a set of components in the front? I don't want to have loud bass and weak midrange, or anything like that...
yes this willl be great. As far as ur question about the ohm load. the 8A only comes in dual4 ohm. So it could not be wired to 4 ohm load to bridge an amp. But if u can get a Dual 2 ohm sub then u could wire the sub to the amp and bridge it to a 4 ohm load.

Besides that i would get the high definitions, suposedly they sound amazing, they look freakin sweet too. As far as powering them, i have cystal components which are rated at 65rms and i running 100 watts to each Xover. I think its better to overpower the speakers cuz its easy to turn down ur gain and control power but its not easy to get an amp that under power and push it hard to put out more power than it can handle.

Wonderful suggestions. Thank you.
Front speakers: I was considering that if I get rid of the rear fill, I might pay the extra $50 and get the CDT HD-62CF components. Is the upgrade worth it, or will the difference be negligible?

Front amp: I have a question. You pointed me to an 80W amp instead of a 100W one (the CL-61a’s were rated at 90W, right in the middle). Obviously, I neither want to underpower or overpower them, but when the difference between the speakers’ power rating and the power I’d be giving them is so small, should I opt for a little above the rating or a little below? The HD-62CF are rated at 130W RMS, and I’m looking at either the Profile CL400 (100W x 2) or CL600 (150W x 2) to power them.

Rear fill: If I have none, will the passengers in the back seat be at a disadvantage? Will the lack of speakers in their doors sound strange to them? Is everyone here without rear speakers?

Sub: Thank you for the confidence. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sub amp: That looks very nice. I think I’ll be getting it instead of the Fosgate.

Will this system sound blanaced? One 8” sub under the front passenger seat, and a set of components in the front? I don't want to have loud bass and weak midrange, or anything like that...

Oh, and I'll hold off on the dampener. I'll contact ifandorbuts when all this is installed.
werd, np. I'd say go with the HD's if u got the money...they're a step up from the cl-61's even though i still love mine. Also, yeah...go with the profile CL600 amp...it'll be okay to send them 150 watts each...don't crank the gains...just set them properly. As for passengers...i say i'm the one driving...screw them, lol, but yeah with a great set of components they should be plenty powerful enough to even satisfy the back seaters. Sounds like u'll have a nive well rounded setup...also when making a box for under the seat...allow room for the amount of excursion the sub has...this thing wangs. Hit me up on AIM sumtime...ngsm13...and i'll show ya a video of mine getting after it!! haha, peace

NG

Thanks everyone, I really do appreciate it. Here’s my current outline.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P7500MP - $229.00

Front Components: CDT HD-62CF - $199.99

Component Amp: Profile CL600 - $124.99

Subwoofer: Elemental Designs e8A.44 - $145.00

Subwoofer Amp: Profile CL600M - $124.99

I’ll eventually dampen the car, but not yet. I should probably wait until it’s a bit warmer anyway. Should I have the head unit power the rear factory speakers, or should I not give them any signal whatsoever? Also, if I eventually want to replace the stock rear 6.5’s with something of higher quality and run them off the head unit, would that detract from the setup? Is there any reason not to do this? (I’d planned on sending wires to those doors anyway, just in case I decided to replace the speakers at some point in the future)

my question is is y u need the cl600 for the comps. that'd be 150 rms for each one. i'd think about going down a notch with something smaller.

but if u do decide to stay with that one, just keep the gains down and i bet it will put out very clean power.

Well, for the CDT's, I can get either the Profile 100W x 2 amp, or their 150W x 2 amp. The speakers are rated at 130W RMS. Which do you think would be better for the comps?

Well, for the CDT's, I can get either the Profile 100W x 2 amp, or their 150W x 2 amp. The speakers are rated at 130W RMS. Which do you think would be better for the comps?
definetly get the 600, its defietly better to overpower a bit because u can easily restrict the amount of power that is being put out but u cant force an amp to put out more power than its capable of .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.