My SQ System is finally done... (lots of pictures)

153187584_131c89e8151.jpg

How come you still have the stock deck in there? Looks like **** that way. You need to get a trim panel with a storage place or get a half/full din processor and put it in there.

SuperTrooper: Thanks

NeverEnuffBass: Go with the 6500s or wait for the 6800s

req: Thanks for the input, BJ Fisher actually built the box. It's bizarre how perfectly it fit. Totally understand your points and I think I'm going to use your picture as a model of how much better wiring can be/look with more effort.

Thetalkingshoe: Thanks

CntInjaDisNinja: Thanks

Fixxer: Look at the first picture. Anyone walking by or peering into my car just sees the stock HU and thinks nothing of anything aftermarket to smash and grab. I definately do not need a processor with my Kenwood doing all the tweaking I could ever imagine.

Those chicks are banging! lol----oh ya and nice install in the acura.....like how u left the stock unit, definitely a good theft deterrent. I personally have 2 layers of 5% tint all around my car, and half-way down my windshield, so no-one can see what I have in my car, even with a flash-light lol, thats my anti-theft device, haha. Nice clean install-----lata--Sean

denim: Thanks, went through a lot before I settled on these

Rawr-DQ: I love my Germs, but would love to try a set of Profi's if I saw a good deal somewhere.... yeah they can get real loud, especially in my little car

now that you asked //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
first, id of not put in any rear speakers, as it tends to pull your sound stage back. and possibly lowering it too. imaging would be totally ruined. its possible to have a good sq system with rear speakers, but meh. way eaiser to not have em at all.

cool headunit install. i like the steathness.

sub box looks nice. diamonds can sound real good, but im sure that the box gets real peaky around 40~50hz. id of done a sealed box, and made some nice trim panels to flush it to the left\right and top of the trunk area. used some tan suede or carpet also. and i would have made an amprack to go in the back to show my equipment. also would have found better places to run my wire so its not showing when the trunk is out.

SQ (in the competition point of view) is about having a very clean install (everywhere, not just where you can see it), and having it reproduce music the way the artist was intending it to be heard (ie, relativly flat frequency response).

by all means, im not bashing your install at all. like i said, you did a good job (looks like you built that box, and it looks sturdy) installing your equipment for a daily driving vehicle.

but im anal. nice to meet you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

just for shits and giggles. here is my trunk sorry for the big pics. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

4r0xc38.jpg
SHOWOFF

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.