my new system can i hit 150?

ported boxs are wayyy better im runing a single 18 and a memphis 4k with a 8 inch flared aero port and doing 149.5s if you have no room for a port loose a sub and run more rms to each and do a port.....way louder n sound way better
noob just said the best thing in this thread

I was just going off of what the subs are rated at, 750 rms in a small sealed enclosure, or 600 in a large sealed/ported enclosure, my amps birth sheet at 1321 and 1340 rms, so that's like 660/670 per sub in a medium size sealed box, I figure they match up pretty good. My main concern was to have a box small enough to fit under the cargo cover so it can't be seen. Yes I have an alarm, and no I don't bump around my house, I still don't want people walking by and seeing what's in it in a parking lot neighborhood, etc. Couldn't fit a large ported/spl box in those parameters. My options were small, minimum spec ported box(sq ported box) taking up max available space and mount amps directly to back of box, or sealed enclosure/amp rack. I opted for the later

I was just going off of what the subs are rated at, 750 rms in a small sealed enclosure, or 600 in a large sealed/ported enclosure, my amps birth sheet at 1321 and 1340 rms, so that's like 660/670 per sub in a medium size sealed box, I figure they match up pretty good. My main concern was to have a box small enough to fit under the cargo cover so it can't be seen. Yes I have an alarm, and no I don't bump around my house, I still don't want people walking by and seeing what's in it in a parking lot neighborhood, etc. Couldn't fit a large ported/spl box in those parameters. My options were small, minimum spec ported box(sq ported box) taking up max available space and mount amps directly to back of box, or sealed enclosure/amp rack. I opted for the later
or you couldve just mounted the amps differently and manufacturer box specs arent normally accurate for givving you the best results, they give you those specs so that you can toss the subs in there and not have to worry about blowing them, where as you can build different boxes that work well for those subs and your vehicle and still not worry about blowing the subs. ever wonder why kickers box range is so vast? its because one box doesnt work the same in every vehicle.

well personally id sell two l7s and put an amp to each remaining one in a 4 cube box tuned to 32hz maybe higher or lower depending on goals, but i have access to an oscope and i know i will not be clipping my subs. the amps should be pretty stout and you can stack them. i just dont see you being happy with this for long and im trying to help u out, and believe it or not kickers are made for sealed boxes but they get a hell of alot louder in ported boxes were they can use the power better

There's a few videos of me doing over a 150 with a pair of Mojo twelves (legal, sealed up on the TL)...even one of me doing a 152.4 legal with them. 4800w (clamped power) in an SUV.

I don't think they're the loudest sub out there, but like most subs, can get plenty loud in the right box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.