My last build ...

Participant count
  • Participant list

SonataCruiser

OK here we go, it wasn’t easy handling my image uploading skills. Things change so fast that is why I hold on to these speakers.

Do not get anoid these are car hifi speakers, at their prime time they were the best.

I paid 900 guilders same as 450 dollars, that would give you a three component car audio speaker system with a supplied factory crossover filter cq frequency filter. 5 bundles of speaker wire all colored and provide with tight connectors. I went to the building constructing shop and let them cut the panels. Due to my ADHD i do not make drawings and measuring s plans, we could call them creations of the free mind.. But quality has to beat ecstatics, rather have a standing building rear speaker system then a flat board on which all speakers point upward. I need them to point towards my def ears. I need more high range so i try to place the EMITS close to the ears and the 10 cm mid tones as well. So to achieve the quality delivered by the blue set of wooden boxes 2 chambers layered with sound damping, bass tubes and bass reflexes i have to step it up. The budget is dead, we using scrap, burned out amps blowup sub woofers. I believe the box is more important than the speaker.

The set needs a powerful drive according to the standard that the amp should work at 50%-75% capacity while the speakers are going at their best.

Using only my wright hand is driving me insane …. just typing this little story took me hours.

Internet connection is failing constantly, I just want to finish the car I do not want to fix the Internet.

Photos look real bad, i need to fix these things before i can continue.

The head until, cheap thing bought it for the camper, so were the wooden boxes but the RV is gone so i am recycling all my old **** and stuff in into my Hyundai.

This is the board behind the rear seats, first i wanted to make this a sub woofer box but is to complex to make it airtight.

I do not have the cash to play with epoxies so i try to keep it simple. Once the rear seats are placed back you will not see this wire mess.

Amp nr 1: The Calcell 150.4 powerful amp 4 channels with bridge options no low pass.

A little bit closer:

The MP3 player I Audio X5 30 Gig great performance made a car charger from old NAV cable.

Ignore it for now !

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of frustrations I have build a test sub woofer box, made from scrap wood some Fix it all instead of wood glue. It does not appear very attractive but is tested it and it works for now. This is just for playing and testing in the garage. I used a scrap woofer which came in a set with the Thump.

It is a Jensen JSW124 any knows the RMS from this woofer it says 525 but i bet that is the peak power.

Big trunk, i had a lot of ideas to use the side pockets for speakers but again, al the round shapes all the differences in heights it is to complex to make it airtight. Besides that i need to be able to fix the rear light, which will be accessible all the time.

The 6x9 Infinity Kappa 1CS woofer in the the doorpanel back door.

Due to the fact that there is no money i could not prepare the door i wished. I did put on some strips of silence killer noise absorber, but to do it right i need a lot more materials. Maybe in the future.

Both vehicles have the stock isolation mats on the best places. The Toyota has very little in the doors, hood and trunk. The Hyundai was done pretty good, some spots need more attention.

So yes i started with Silence Coat i have to fond some photos of that. Meanwhile new photos are pushing me hard, to keep it up i need to spend more time on the pc.

I did add a power block with 3 fuses each for each car. And i renewed the speakerwire connectors on thev Magnet 112 bassreflex box. The Auris is good to go .... she only needs a stronger amp to drive her KAppa 1CS board. She has got an Mac Audio 5000 MTX which only provides 160 watt in bridge and 200 watt sub woofer.

The rear window sunblocker was a total epic fail, not worth talking about i failed and it costed 30 euros and a lot of irritations.

Ok need more photos let me track them .... o yeah i repaired one Emit Tweeter, took me hours and due to the special solder kit, the Dinolite USB microscope and the tripod i made a standard height adjustable operation setup which made it possible to clean the spoiled silver paint and to ad paint where gaps were.

Photos i do have .... will come too. 3 repaired emits are coming from the states, it costed a fortune. Maybe i should have bought a new set of kappaś for that money.

Ok keep on moving today rain will come soon and outdoor working will be impossible i do not have drive in garage, so i work on the pavement.

Greetings

Sonata Cruiser

Inside the Calcell, my winter project is to remove all parts that are done.

I do not have any skills and i am saving up the tools to do this. Yesterday i finally repaired my EMIT tweeter, took me hours but with the the right tools it is done in no time.

inside the honey:

Testing the middtoners to see if any form of volume behind the speaker makes it better. Compered with the wooden boxes it all sounds pretty hollow, not full.

Can seem to find the noise isolation pictures they must be somewhere, on one of the phones, or i-pads ...

I have installed the mini sound boards on the board ( which is made of metal and it has the holes voor 6 x9.) and also i have putted one plastic woofer exit 13,5 cm stuffed it with materials, and sealed it with a cap and some tape. It sounds fenomenal. WFT happened to my Spelling Checker ?

Hyundai Sonata 2005 2.7i V6 :

Calcell 150.4 driving 1 set of Infinity Kappa Serie 1.1CS ( EMIT + filter)

Thump THA 3000 driving 1 set of Infinity Kappa Serie 1.1CS ( EMIT+ filter)

4 stock door speakers, 2 have been replaced into midconsole ( bad idea because without chairs it sounded good but with chairs i ruin the speakers by sliding the chairs and the sound is gone)

1 headunit Sony Exlpode

1 MP Player I Audio X5 30 Gig

1 set of uber cheap tweeters, 2 $ and they sound amazing.

Toyota Auris:

1 Touch and you never go anywhere radio computer all in one double din thing.

1 Mac Audio 4x 60 w of 2x 160 watt op 4 ohm + woofer exit 200 w at 4 ohm.

4 standard door speakers ( will be replaced by 100 watt speakers and connected to the Mac Audio.

Infinity Kappa Serie 1.1CS ( EMIT) driven by the Mac Audio.

1 Magnat 112 Bassreflex, a prefabbed box from **** wood no insulation bad connectors, i can fix that.

I finished the rear side, sparewheel compartment and side walls + 1 door with noise killer.

I tapped of the audiosignal; from the stock speakers and connected a LOC ( hi low converter)

Need to find more photo 's

One half of the amplifier Concord Q200.2 failed and stopped working. Tried to find the problem but failed, before i started packing it i just checked the speaker output one more time et voila it worked again.

still i made some inside shot of the virgin morherboard, old skool techniques.

enjoy:

OFF TOPIC:

Everytime i pass this place i slow down and mute the volume ... i can see the crosses form the road. This place is so real, it is transferring a lot of energy.

This weekend we putted on some decent clothes and shoes, grapped the Edge7, Nikon and tripod and we passed it again but now we went in.

I muted the car audio system and slowed down to 15 km p hour ....the surrounding gardens hypnotize me.

Time to show some respect to the soldiers of the Second World War buried at the American Cemetery Kadier en Keer Limburg The Netherlands:

ON TOPIC:

Is there any good news from hell ? Yes there is ... the kneecap had a jumped nerve so i was invalide for 3 days. Right hand mouse coordination is getting there. I ordered an oldskool 106 eu Emphaser from Germany, it should provide 2x200watt rms at 4 ohm bridged.

I also ordered a brandspanking new Crunch 1000.4 at 103 eu that should provide 2x250 watt rms. The wifey is very happy her build has ended for now. She is very pleased with the deeper bass she had to sacrifice her trunk bud now she does has a appropriate setup.

Winter is coming need to take some new photo 's from Sonata setup.

Alright Netflix was draining the internet dry, so they putted our bandwith a little down.

Explains the bad connection for sure let me see should have some new footage.

Datacable S7 is in the wifey's car ....

Micro usb shots are on the laptop ... ppfff

Charging S7 copying laptop to usb stick ... Crunch is melting it is molested by the Barnwoofer Jensen JSW124 it is tearing the poorly glued and poorly designed woodenbox apart the lit is farting and the basstreflex hole is too small.

Concord Q200.2 is cooling constantly on Deziree rasta queen ....

Yeah i know, worstless typing about it we need to see it ... i understand.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

i know it is NOT 1000 watt x 4 channels ... no this brand pisses all over values and respect: total it is 1000 watt but only at 2 ohm for very short time. At 4 ohm it gives 2x250 watts when you use only one woofer it is only 250 rms.

V6 2,7 i 70.000 km 2005 yeah i know you quys all have the 3,3 i know ....

pure example how not to apply plastic wrap to your windows ....

more EMIT repair shot taken from the Manfrotto Tripod and Dinolite USB Microscope. It took me hours to get used to the surgeon precision tools watching a screen makes it difficult. Damaging the plastic layer was hard to avoid, so i taped some new tape on the other side of the diagram.

With each repair attempt by removing to much or adding silverpaint ( conducting paint) and cleaning the spores with precision tools i got another reading at the ohm meter. From 500 tot 4 ohm was the goal it is like repairing a painting ...

At the end it went to 4 ohm stable and i putted the emit tweeter back to duty.

You can send your broken diagram to this USA fellow who replaces the diagram for 85 $ a piece.

Sometimes you can repair this diagram yourself, you will be needing a micro scoop or another good device that makes good images when working with your tools in that image. You need to practice first on something else.

Clean the plastic with 99% alcohol before starting adding anything you need an very thin brush ... so thin you will not find it easily so you must make it yourself be inventive and test it. I used a microscopetool it tip was perfect for spot adding not for stripes. I used ethernet coppercable for that, was not perfect came close.

Downloaded some free wav files @ Drum ‘n Bass Releases at Ektoplazm - Free Music Portal and Psytrance Netlabel

ppfff talk about refreshing the game and drop the oldskool ****.

I can do that, but my setup needs some definite alterations, i mean she cannot go that low without cracking the old scrap barn woofer and failing wooden box.

The new skool mosfet stuffed Crunch GPX 1000.4 is getting really hot i think i am pushing her to hard the neighbors hate me for this day 15 min to legal problems can acure so let beat. She is runnig one channel only at 250 watts imagine what would happen at 2 channels at 2 ohm ... she would melt.

No way this Crunchy can play hours on and on .. will test it soon need 2 ohm setup for that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.