My install's coming along nicely

come on guys, you know his "installer guy" cannot and will not pull off pillars like the ones in the pictures. please. he calls him installer guy. lol. good luck with this chester-van install. dont forget the candy for the kids.

come on guys, you know his "installer guy" cannot and will not pull off pillars like the ones in the pictures. please. he calls him installer guy. lol. good luck with this chester-van install. dont forget the candy for the kids.
My installer guy TOLD me of a shop here in STL who does do custom A-pillar fiberglass speaker pod fabrication, and he also told me he wishes he could do work like that. So we are gonna farm out the work to a third party here in St Louis.

I'm going to call the shop in about 20mins, they open at 10AM.

And Baby II is nothing like what you speciously denigrate! She's my camping/kayaking minivan and she's more and more becoming MINE! Crowning glory will be when I get her painted "S l u t" Red just like Baby, my 1994 Caravan I loved so much. Probably gonna get that done in the Spring!

John Kuthe...

My installer guy TOLD me of a shop here in STL who does do custom A-pillar fiberglass speaker pod fabrication, and he also told me he wishes he could do work like that. So we are gonna farm out the work to a third party here in St Louis.
I'm going to call the shop in about 20mins, they open at 10AM.

And Baby II is nothing like what you speciously denigrate! She's my camping/kayaking minivan and she's more and more becoming MINE! Crowning glory will be when I get her painted "S l u t" Red just like Baby, my 1994 Caravan I loved so much. Probably gonna get that done in the Spring!

John Kuthe...
And I JUST called the shop here in St Louis that does this kind of work, and I'm going to take Baby II down there tomorrow and "get this party started"!

I am VERY excited!! :) Me WANTS!!

John Kuthe...

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad news! Just visited the Custom Sounds place I was seeking to discuss fabricating A-pillar mounts for my 5.25" PHD drivers and tweeters, held one 5.25" driver up to the driver's side A-pillar to check feasibility, and there's NO WAY I can have them up up there without blocking WAY too much of my view! :-( BummerMAN! :-(

Back to trying to make the cheap plastic factory mounts work up atop the dash in Baby II my 2006 Grand Caravan!! For as big and sloppy as Baby II is, she's surprisingly small in the interior!

John Kuthe...

holy ****. this guy has to be a gay child predator. forgive me john but you are one weird guy. i wish you the best though man. i love music to.
Yes I've been being called "weird" since, well, for a long time. And back when I was a teen I looked up "weird" in a dictionary and all it saud was "different than the norm, unusual" but nothing bad! After that I've worn the label of "weird" with pride!

John Kuthe...

have you looked up "insane" cause I'm pretty sure your that as well.

ditch the dash, pull those speakers out the front doors and put the components in the doors, mount the tweeters low and angled to the dome light.

...ditch the dash, pull those speakers out the front doors and put the components in the doors, mount the tweeters low and angled to the dome light.
More hand waving suggestions all well and good, and NOT gonna happen. Easy from your POV! Impossible from mine!

John Kuthe...

John,

For real, it would be very simple to fix your existing broken plastic mount to use your stock driver locations.

It would cost you less than $10, and be easy to do.

I could give you more detailed instructions if you were to calm down and try to understand without your dissmising that you tend to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from