My install's coming along nicely

It's more than just a hobby for some of us. It's a never ending hunt for musical perfection. One you will not understand until you experience it. The quest for a holographic band playing just for you
The "never ending quest" part is where it becomes pathological! I understand the quest for sound reproduction quintessential perfection, but I've also learned there is such a thing as "gud enuf" as I love misspelling like that, just for the effect!

Wanna know the quintessentially perfect beat! Get a djembe and join a drum circle! I have and it's amazing the energy a group of drummers can produce!!

10603225_10152689190256571_6073034995428860471_n.jpg

John Kuthe...

I'm pretty sure the biggest separation between him and the majority of society is his own mental disorder.
ROFL!!! "Majority of society"! Whatta JOKE!! Yes there's a separation from me and the rest of what you consider "normal" society, and I've been very comfortable with that separation for years! It's not a mental disorder, it's called KNOWING BETTER!! I've experienced things most never will, and these experiences is what have let me know I AM on the right path, whereas many are not. And the manifestations of so many on the WRONG path are becoming moire and more evident! I've learned to "play the game", get several good educations and worked in several good jobs. But I want OUT! Retirement! Only way to win this game is to stop playing!

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

Still trapped in the pathology, exactly!
John Kuthe...
You don't get it. Some of us don't do good enough. Some of us hear one thing out of place and rebuild the entire system. Because this is what we do. We compete, listen, enjoy, rinse and repeat. A break from reality if you will.

Now if you want to continue being treated like a grown, educated person act right.

You don't get it. Some of us don't do good enough. Some of us hear one thing out of place and rebuild the entire system. Because this is what we do. We compete, listen, enjoy, rinse and repeat. A break from reality if you will. Now if you want to continue being treated like a grown, educated person act right.
That's a pathological reality, that's what you seem not to understand. Playing with electronics is all fine and dandy as long as one does not take it too seriously, which you evidently do. Hence the pathology.

Do you MAKE any of the music you listen to on your high powered electronic musical reproduction equipment? I have! I have most of the Cheep Effects material digitized and I listen to it along with lots of other stuff.

NP: "Audio Addict" by Cheep Effects! :)

John Kuthe...

That's a pathological reality, that's what you seem not to understand. Playing with electronics is all fine and dandy as long as one does not take it too seriously, which you evidently do. Hence the pathology.
Do you MAKE any of the music you listen to on your high powered electronic musical reproduction equipment? I have! I have most of the Cheep Effects material digitized and I listen to it along with lots of other stuff.

NP: "Audio Addict" by Cheep Effects! :)

John Kuthe...
I do not. That is not my hobby. I'm sure you have a vise also.

ROFL!!! "Majority of society"! Whatta JOKE!! Yes there's a separation from me and the rest of what you consider "normal" society, and I've been very comfortable with that separation for years! It's not a mental disorder, it's called KNOWING BETTER!! I've experienced things most never will, and these experiences is what have let me know I AM on the right path, whereas many are not. And the manifestations of so many on the WRONG path are becoming moire and more evident! I've learned to "play the game", get several good educations and worked in several good jobs. But I want OUT! Retirement! Only way to win this game is to stop playing!
John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...
It's very clear that you have one or more mental disorders. You're like the developmentally disabled person who thinks everyone else is crazy for not being developmentally disabled. You'll never understand, because you lack the capacity. If you weren't such a loathsome person, it would be sad.

yeah if you listen to that stupid music cheep effects that he keeps touting you can see that he has no idea what music is. Its certainly not that talentless crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQzegMZEjRM
lol heres john spouting his insane jibberish over some toddlers running wild on instruments @ guitar center. at least that's what it sounds like.
One of my faves! "Dunes", written my Craig Kurtz and vocals done by ME! :)

"Cynical clinical psychotic epidemic noise toys"!! What's not to love? I think it's cool as ^%&^%! And I love the juxtaposition of the guitars coming in loud and way over the rest of the song. Wonderful composition and performance.

Cheep Effects never performed the same song twice, and we recorded pretty much everything we did. Tape effects were a fixture of our Cheep Effects! Others in the group actually played or performed, but I was just the techie of our group. I used to joke about how musicians idea of a sound electrical connection was to strip the wires, lay one bare wire over another and lay a book on it! Hee hee! I knew how to solder! Wonder how many here on Caraudio.com kow how to solder? The minority I'd imagine, even my installer guy said he was weak on soldering. Of course I can see who when I saw his cheap Chinese JUNK soldering pencil!

Bottom line: I really don't care what anyone thinks of the Cheep Effects "music". The band was originated when I had discovered how to play the playback signal off the tape but the record signal was slightly time advanced from the playback "tape monitor" signal and the echo effects were trippy! I was playing with it when Craig came over from next door and I showed it to him. We ended up making our first songs that evening, all the way up until morning light when we finished with "When the Hourglass Turns Baque", a kind of jug band acoustic number out at the farmer's market at about 6 or 7 AM, no one was out yet. WE have a great time doing it and listening to it too. The Cheep Effects are a significant part of my personal history. Here's me at the Moog in the studio:

14915547_1176017265792085_7217057756957902099_n.jpg

John Kuthe...

Almost every musician I know is usually into electronics as well and can solder. if fact I would say most people into car electronics can, its not hard. I have a nice soldering station, but the cheap Chinese pencil irons make heat just like it does. its not the tool its the builder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from