My Humble Build, Whacha Think? 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan

Participant count
  • Participant list

gapi

N. GA
Upgrade List for My 02 Grand Caravan. A daily driver with lots of miles. Clean but not like new she doesn’t need to be state of the art.

It has the factory 6 speaker system but not the Bose or Premium.

I already have a Pioneer DEH-PD5200HD head unit & XM receiver installed.

I just want to pump her up a bit and my budget allows for the following Alpine, Memphis & Power Bass components.

• Amp 1, Alpine MRP-F300 to power the 6 speakers.

One Set of Memphis 15-PR52V2 5.25 inch replacing the dash speakers.
Two sets of Memphis 15-PR693V2 6 x 9’s replacing the rear panel speakers.
• Amp 2, PowerBass ASA 200.2x 2 ch to power the Sub.

Sub, 10 inch, Memphis 15-PR10S4V2.
• Enclosure, Memphis 15-PE1X12.

Think I’ll notice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you purchasing this all new from a store?

Not a bad setup and would do the trick, but depending on where you are purchasing items I think you could alter a few things and get a better result. Of course that also depends on the budget and all that fun stuff.

Thanks,

The budget is hard core strict.

The Audio shop gave me the best quote so far and are well known for standing behind their work, and handle all Warranty issues without delay.

I'll pay a little extra for the support.

I priced all their listed components on the estimate across the internet and they are well below MSRP as the rest of the shops charged "at least MSRP" on all the components.

Most of the stuff this shop quoted matches or is below Amazon prices before shipping. And the local (3 miles away) support is a plus also.

Not looking to be noticed at a traffic stop, or rattling my tag, just a better experience.

Thanks,The budget is hard core strict.

The Audio shop gave me the best quote so far and are well known for standing behind their work, and handle all Warranty issues without delay.

I'll pay a little extra for the support.

I priced all their listed components on the estimate across the internet and they are well below MSRP as the rest of the shops charged "at least MSRP" on all the components.

Most of the stuff this shop quoted matches or is below Amazon prices before shipping. And the local (3 miles away) support is a plus also.

Not looking to be noticed at a traffic stop, or rattling my tag, just a better experience.
Could you get them to do a custom enclosure and ditch that Memphis one?

If you happy with the price and product, then you should be good to go. I'm sure it will be a huge upgrade from stock and will sound great.

Thanks,

The enclosure thing is a good question. I rarely have both rear seats in the van. And one shop spoke of putting it into the rear panel forward of the tire jack components. So, I am going with enclosure for now to see if I want it permanently placed there. I asked for some length of cable so when I change seating I can move it around a bit.

I am hoping this Sub will be as good as my Old JLAudio Micro 8" in the half round enclosure. Man! I pointed that little devel at the floor and she pounded pretty decent. Not so the general public could hear it but it sounded like they could.

Thanks,

Yes it is a Major improvement. I miss quoted my 6X9's, they are 3 way Memphis (15-PR693V2) 6 x 9’s, not the 2 way numbers I listed earlier.

I may have went too budget on the woofer box though. It can be kind of loose or resonating at times. I am still breaking it in but wonder if smaller would tighten it up some. It can get way too loud so if smaller would tighten and take some volume its not an issue.

It sits in the back of my mini van. Its 12.5" tall, 19" wide, and 9" deep. Maybe some cotton or a better box? Its not branded so its really generic I guess.

subb_box.jpg

What is the port like? Almost looks like a hole in the box lol
Heh! No, it goes all the way to the other side. Would cotton or an other desired media help? I'm not sure if there is any in there. Or perhaps down fire it. Gonn try that today. Maybe a wedge type?

I have ordered a remote Bass adjuster just to be able to move it down when it gets bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.