My first thread----HELP!

I guess the age of these speakers are showing my age.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I'd rather not mess with raising the seat unless it will give me a decent gain down low? If so, I will raise the seat an 1.5"...

Last question, I was planning to point the speakers at the floor with the sides and front of the box sitting on the floor of the truck. I was also going to remove the sound deadner (per advice from others) from under the carpet under the sub box. Is this good advice? With this setup, the bass would come out the back and against the back wall of the cab. Is this optimal?

I'm getting conflicting opinions: Some say point the speakers straight up?????

Advice please....I wanted to start this box tonight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Bass is fairly non-directional, so as long as there is some clearance between the subs and floor, you should be good to go. Som cars are louder w the woofers pointed in different directions, but in your truck it prob. won't matter much, and it's not like you want to show off those woofers anyway.

IMO I would keep the sound deadner on the vehicle floor. It's only going to increase road noise and over all is not Ideal. Also keeping the front end of the box open along with the back will yield better results. No need to try and direct it anywhere.

Oh, I wasn't sure. A guy I know said the sound deadner will absorb a lot of the bass so he told me to remove it. I wasn't sure --- glad I asked.

IMO I would keep the sound deadner on the vehicle floor. It's only going to increase road noise and over all is not Ideal. Also keeping the front end of the box open along with the back will yield better results. No need to try and direct it anywhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.