HORN ENCLOSURE 2 JL audio W0's .... Going all out for a friend, got a few ?'s.

Participant count
  • Participant list

generalGOTCHA
10+ year member

Boyz in the Hood (EZE )
Ok , for two 10" JL audio subs, a grand cherokee and enough RMS to exceed the spec's listed by very little ((they will handle 200Wrms easly)) And lots of enclosure room.

I have been thinking about a HORN enclosure design.

I have looked at a couple sites but have not found really any specs on them. Should I use the specs I calculated for opt box volume at the freq I chose the same way as any normal ported box ? Only use trig to calc the demensions with respect to volume staying the same ?

Ive read nice things about the accuracy and transient responce of such a large enclosure being able to reproduce second to a sealed boxes output. Is this true ? if so .. I got time on my hands , and want to show my friend simply how critical the box is within the system.

Im just trying to stay away from the o=so common bandpass or usual ported enclosures for my own curiosity of acoustical sound. You know how it is guys.. right now I got no car LOL , nothing due to payin some lawyer fee's off lol. So Im carless with valentine one radar detector and a pioneer deh-p9400mp .. so I put them in his //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif what R friends for ehh .

Anyhow anything would help on this. I was looking at some nice projects with horn designs but no specs on them or calc's or anything I felt I didnt know or should know in difference to the theille and small parameters. Ive read things on some horn designs having 6 diff frequencies operating inside the enclosure giving such extrodinary output clarity. for the givin bandpass

anyhow .. for those who dont understand why all the work for such small speakers . its clearly for research in my own ! knowledge is priceless.

Im just trying to stay away from the o=so common bandpass or usual ported enclosures for my own curiosity of acoustical sound. - generalgotcha

lol at your responses.

build a snailshell man, follow your dreams

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.