noob box builder needs some help, please

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tayta_Mayne
10+ year member

As you all read in the title i admit to being a noob so dont flame me. I have never built a box before and have no idea how to even start so I need all the help I can get. I have a lil tiny 10" roadmaster box and a orion 435xp cobalt amp now but im upgrading to bigger and better things. Ok, so i have a single audiobahn aw1005 and an a8000t amp on the way. If anyone can help me get the deminsions for a box that will fit my sub i would really apreciate it. I have pretty much all of the materials i will need. Thank you for your help.

Measure your trunk/back seat.

Length,width, height.

Check how much cubit feet your sub will need.

Go to http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp then go down to the enclosure dimension area.

Put in the dimensions that you want the enclosure to take up.

If the total cubic feet is more/less than what the sub needs add or subraact dimensions to get it perfect or very close to what it needs to be.

It needs to be at least 11" high so your sub will fit in.

if you didn't already order the subs.. and you like audiobahn... get the aw1006t, much much much better sub, not alot more money, definately worth the 90 dollar difference, we sell em in the store like hotcakes.

but there are better subs out there too.. good amp to get ya moving though

And that is just retardedly (is that a word?) loud.

Check audiobahn's site though for reccomended enclosure volume. Also, are you planning on running the sub in a sealed or ported box? Ported is quite a bit more difficult to design, but can yield better ouput.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.